6 Things to do When Your Friends Cancel Plans


We've all been there...planned a cute little shopping trip or a delicious lunch with a friend, or a few friends and felt nothing but joy and excitement on the run up to the big day, only to have your happiness shattered by the revelation that these spectacular events have been cancelled...and yes, it's s**t. But what happens when your plans fall through? Do you stay at home and have a pity-party with nothing but a tub of Ben & Jerry's and a bottle of Merlot? No!

Get up, get out and do something to take your mind off things. Here are a few of the things I like to do when friends cancel plans, and maybe you can do a few of them as well? There's something on there for everyone and every mood ;)

Binge watch your favourite TV programme

This is possibly one of my favourite things to do when friends cancel plans. I think it depends largely on my mood. Like when you've made plans so far in advance but when the date finally rolls around, it turns out you're having 'one of those days' and you rather like the idea of lounging around in your PJs all day and do nothing but curl up with a blanket, a cuppa and The Crown.

This activity allows you to binge watch your favourite TV shows, together with the aforementioned tub of Ben & Jerry's and bottle of Merlot - MINUS to self-wallowing. Everyone's a winner, right? Kick off your shoes, put your feet up and watch some quality TV! There's a lot on Netflix at the moment, including The Stranger (great for those of you who love thrillers and mysteries...oh, and Jennifer Saunders!), Cuckoo (perfect for those who love some classic comedy and a loveable, lone American) and Wanderlust (for those who love a bit of scandal).

To see some of my all time favourite Netflix shows, take a look at this blog post, trust me, there are some CORKERS on that list...you can thank me later ;)


Get some retail therapy

I'm an absolute sucker for retail therapy. Anything bad happens, I'm either buying bits online or hitting the shops. My current weakness right now is high-end makeup and Denby dinnerware (ready to kit out a house - more on that in about a year or so). So take your self-pity out on your bank account, because trust me, you'll feel so much better! But of course, always shop within your means and be sensible...but not too sensible, haha!


Hit the gym

If taking self-pity out on your bank account doesn't sound like a good idea, then take it out on your pecks instead. Go for a run on the treadmill or lose yourself whilst riding the static bike or try and smash some of your weightlifting PB records. I always feel great after I've left the gym, and you can as well! It will take your mind off things, relieve some stress and also tire you out, ready for a long, quality night's sleep :)

Pamper yourself

If binge watching your favourite TV show doesn't sound appealing to you, but you'd like to stay indoors instead of venturing outside, then this is a nice alternative. Have a long, hot bath, put a face mask on, paint your nails and slather your hair in an indulgent mask. Get into your favourite fluffy PJs, grab a beverage of your choice and relax!

If you'd rather not stay inside, go and get your hair done, have a manicure or get your eyebrows done. A good ol' pamper session can do someone the world of good, regardless of what kind of day you're having, or what mood you're in...I know that for me, it's a great way of having some much needed 'me' time.


Rearrange some bits & bobs

Whether you arrange your entire bedroom or swap some bits and pieces around on your shelf, it can do a world of good to have a bit of a change of scenery. It makes me feel more organised, like I have my life together more than I do in reality, haha. This is especially the case when I've decluttered beforehand, and I'm left with a clean, ordered space.


Invite someone you love out for a coffee

This isn't a last resort, just so you don't offend someone by saying 'well, you'll have to do then' as opposed to your friends who you were excited to spend time with. Surprise your mum by taking her out for a coffee, take your partner out for lunch or go and visit your grandparents and make them a cuppa. There will always be someone who appreciates your company, so instead of wasting time on your own, take that time and love and give it to someone else in the meantime.


***

I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what you like to do when friends cancel plans. You can do that by commenting below, or via my social media links. I will see you again soon with another blog post! Have a great day :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. Great post, and some good ideas for things to do with myself at the weekend when I don’t have plans!

    Holly x
    www.adailydoseofholly.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts