Everything I Loved in September

It's hard to think that we're already at the end of September and going into October, but then again, the weather really does indicate that autumn is well and truly here. As I'm writing this, I'm wearing a chunky-knit jumper, a pair of leggings and two pairs of socks because I'm so chilly.

But then again, I'm always cold so it might not be a surprise for those who know me well. But you're not here to hear about the fact that I'm cold 90% of the time! You want to know what I've been loving over the last month, so let's get into it :)

Better Call Saul

If you've ever seen Breaking Bad, then I highly-recommend watching Better Call Saul. It starts off a little slow, but please stick with it because it's absolutely brilliant (possibly, dare I say it, even better than Breaking Bad). Essentially, it picks up Saul's story after he's gone into hiding. He's a manager at a Cinnabon store, doing his best to lay low.

But just as you're starting to know about his life after Breaking Bad, it flips back to his life pre-Breaking Bad and it has you hooked. With lots of familiar faces popping up all over the place in this series, it's not easy to forget you're watching the BB spin-off show. 

Route Master socks

Back at the start of the month, we visited London in the wake of the Queen's death. During that trip, we waked through Covent Garden and noticed the Transport for London Museum, tucked away in the top corner. So we wondered over and discovered that the gift shop was open, so we went inside and I saw these socks and I fell in love.

They're in the design of an old London Route Master seat cover and I absolutely adore them! I've been wearing them every chance I get, being sad when they're in the wash because I can't wear them, haha. Not only is the design amazing, but they're super  soft and cosy - perfect for this change in weather.

Paying our respects to Her Majesty The Queen

As I've already touched upon, we went to London to pay our respects to Queen Elizabeth II after her passing. We went to Buckingham Palace and then to Green Park to look at all of the floral tributes that had been left for her. It was an emotional trip and one I'll never forget. If you've ever been to London, you'll know that it's always bustling, noisy and busy, but on that day, everything was slower-paced and eerily quiet - something I hadn't ever experienced before in the Capital. You can read all about our day here.

Dressing our ladder bookshelf

We got a new shelf at the end of August and this one sits in the alcove between the main wall and the chimney breast. We felt like a ladder shelf was the way to go here. We were going to get some made, but I love this flat-pack alternative.

It was also super affordable, but it looks like it had a heftier price tag! Anyway, since we got it, I've been loving adding bits to it. It's not complete yet and there are still some things I want to change, but that's the beauty of it - it's an adaptable part of the living room and it looks great too :)

Our new coffee table

We actually bought our new coffee table before the ladder shelf, but it was such a good choice. We went for a square one over a rectangular one and I'm so glad we did because it just finishes the room off. It's quite a big lounge, so it can accommodate for a larger coffee table, like this one. I think if we went for one that was smaller, it would look a little lost in our living room. It also matches the ladder shelf, a corner shelf and a side table we have, so it all marries up in terms of design.

Falafel, avocado, lettuce and tomato wraps

I don't actually have any pictures of this lunch because it doesn't actually look too appetising, but it tastes incredible. The fact that I've switched up the bread for a wrap is a healthier choice as-is, but to fill it with, mainly, salad and sprinkle it with some chunks of falafel is even more healthy.

It's such a light lunch that actually fills me up until dinner time. I find that I don't get hungry for at least four or five hours, so it's nutritional, healthy and delicious all at the same time - what more could you want in a lunch?

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments what you have loved over the past month and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts