5 Things I Do After a Long Day


We've all been there. The end of a long working day has arrived and you can't wait to do something that you've been thinking about all day, willing your time in the office to end. But there are a few things that I'll do at the end of a long day, not all in one evening mind, but I'll often decide to do one of the following things on this list. I'd love to know what you like to do to unwind after work, so let me know in the comments section below! Without further ado, here are five things I do after a long day:

1. Go to the gym

This is a new development in terms of going to the gym. Usually, we'd just go out running, but as the weather has turned and we're looking for something new to do, we thought we'd hit the gym. Something we do at the end of a long day is get up off our chairs and head straight to the gym. 

We like to go early, before dinner, and I'll do dinner in the slow cooker that day so that it's ready for when we get home. It's so stress-free it's almost silly not to go and get some exercise after being sat down all day.

2. Make a hot chocolate

It's getting to that time of year again where there's a chill in the air and we're looking forward to the autumn season approaching. But with the colder weather comes my newfound love for a good hot chocolate with lots of mini marshmallows on the top. Nothing can warm me through better than a mug of hot choc, which is better, and tastier, than putting the heating on, haha.

3. Watch some telly

An obvious choice, but we do like to just chill out on the sofa and watch some trash TV. At the moment, we're really enjoying Married at First Sight (MAFS). It's because it's something you can really just switch off to. You don't have to really be following it and it requires no brain power whatsoever - perfect for when you have just completed a long day at work.

4. Run a bath or have a hot shower

Something that never fails to relax me and warm me up at the same time is having a nice hot bath filled with plenty of bubbles. I won't take a glass of wine in with me, I will bring in a cup of cold water instead. I like my bath water to be red hot. If I don't come out looking like a lobster then it hasn't done its job. 

So I like to stay hydrated whilst I'm there. If I can't be bothered with a bath, I'll have a shower instead, opting to use the monsoon shower head as opposed to the handheld one. I find that I feel very relaxed and warm after having a shower, but it's not quite the same as having a hot bath before bed.

5. Go to the pub

As you've probably guessed by the photo, we do like going for a walk and stopping off at the pub on the way. We don't do this very often, which is why it's at the bottom of my list, but it's still made it on here because you can't be a trip to a cosy pub with a log burner on an autumn evening after you've done a full day at work. Also, it just hits a little different on a Friday evening, right before the weekend is due to commence - poifect!

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below what you like to do at the end of a long day and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts