Disney 'Mickey & Friends' Cookware from Prestige: Tried & Tested

I had been meaning to post about these items for some time now, but I needed to try them all out first before giving my verdict on whether or not they're actually worth the splurge. Although Prestige sell reasonably-priced products, when bought as a set, it can add up to a considerable amount of money for a selection of cookware. But it really is worth the cash, and I'm about to tell you why. 

We weren't particularly fussed about the other products they had in the range, the following items are really considered the basics of baking, seeing as we have a Kenwood 'K' Mix that does all of the hard work for me. So we didn't need the mixing bowl and other things, but here are the things we did purchase to up our Disney baking game!

Mickey & Friends Spatulas

I can't really comment much on these because they do what they say on the tin, so to speak. A silicone spatula will do the job, whether it's stamped with Disney characters or not. It's just a nice touch to use them when baking some Disney-themed goodies.


Mickey & Friends cookie cutters

I didn't realise when we bought them that these cutters also come with stamps. So when I realised that we could imprint the images on the cookies, I couldn't wait to give it a bash. We whipped up a really simple cookie dough and got to work cutting and stamping the portions. 

Although I don't have a picture of them when they were baked, stupidly, I did take one before we put them in the oven, and they honestly came out looking identical to when they came in. I didn't think they'd come out with much definition, but I was really impressed with how they looked when they came out. If you have children who love Disney, or even know a Disney adult who would love these for Christmas, then get them, because they really are cool!


Mickey & Friends cake tins

We couldn't wait to use these cake tins, but the next occasion we had to give them a try was Tom's birthday, so why not?! It was the perfect opportunity to see how these tins would live up to the images online, and we were pleasantly surprised. Not only do they look great and mimic the iconic Mickey Mouse head, but they're also non-stick, as advertised. 

The only thing I did was lightly oil the inside and that was it. The cakes slid out smoothly, despite my prediction that they would break up upon taking them out of the tin. All in all, I have absolutely no complaints about these tins. The good things is, you can just use the round tin on its own if you don't want to bake something that's Mickey-shaped!



***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Let me know in the comments below whether you've purchased any of these items, or if I've persuaded you to get on the bandwagon and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts