5 Essential Time Management Tips


We're into a new year now and much of that includes making sure we're starting to set our goals and put things in place to make sure that we meet them. Something that I find useful for achieving my goals is time management. It can be easy to let time get away from you, especially if you're busy doing other things, but I thought I'd share with you some of the time management techniques I use that helps me to get things done. 

1. Don't get distracted

It can be easy to get distracted whilst trying to get things done, but it's imperative that you don't get distracted while doing another job that you have to get done. I am often guilty of doing this myself, then I end up trying to juggle multiple jobs at once. I know from experience that this isn't productive. So do your best to avoid becoming distracted while you're going down your to-do list.

2. Make a schedule

Referring back to the previous point about not being distracted, something that helps when it comes to sticking to a to-do list is to make a schedule. This means that you'll be able to stick to that plan you've laid out, because you'll have set it all out in a logical way that's also as easy as possible to follow. Not to mention it's also bespoke to you and your life, which is why I don't usually like using templates that are found online.

3. Don't multi-task

Multi-tasking might seem like a great way of getting as much done as possible, but it actually has quite the opposite effect. Multi-tasking can cause you to forget to start jobs or even finish them. It can make things more complicated for you, so just start one job, finish it and then move onto another one you have. 

4. Make sure people respect your time

Time becomes a lot more difficult to come by, especially as you get older. Right now, we're working full time jobs whilst renovating our home, planning our wedding and sorting out our honeymoon, all whilst making sure we're seeing friends and family and maintaining the gardens as spring gets underway. We know how difficult it can be to find some free time, but those in your life will understand this fully, especially if they're also finding it challenging to find some time in their day.

5. Make sure you're making the most of your downtime

Just as I've said, free time is hard to come by, so you need to enjoy it and use to wisely at the same time. We use our free time to relax. I will write some blog posts while I have a breather from everything else, whilst Tom will be busy catching up on his socials or sending me some reels on Instagram, haha. Either way, regardless of how much free time you have, you must use your downtime to recharge the batteries, ready to take on the new day to come.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below whether you have any time management tips of your own that you would like to share and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments