Everything I Loved in January


That's it, the first month of the year has come and gone already. I feel like the first two and a half months are going to fly by as we approach our wedding in March, and I seriously am all for a quick come-around. But that aside, you're not hear to listen to me being excited for my wedding day. You all want to see what I have been loving throughout the month January. Without further ado, let's get into it!

New Year's Day

Obviously, the first day of the year was New Year! This year, we went and saw Tom's family for the day, spending the afternoon eating roast dinner, drinking amazing wine and watching some good telly. It was just what the doctor called for to mark the end of a long Christmas break and to bring in the New Year, mainly because it couldn't have been any more relaxing.

Finally being able to get outside

December was a bit of wash out, raining almost everyday on the run up to Christmas. So as the new month started and got fully underway, the bad weather stopped and we finally had a break in the weather to go out and enjoy it, even if it was just a walk around the block. 

It was also nice to have some sunlight shining through the windows for a change. I'm someone who's mood changes with the weather, so it makes a world of difference to me mentally and I am so here for it.

Tidying up our garden ready for spring

I had been meaning to go out and tidy up the garden since October last year. But for whatever reason, I just never got around to it. However, for Christmas, we got given a new house number sign as the other one was old and damaged. 

So with a shiny new sign out the front, we wanted to make sure the garden was neat and tidy to complement it. Not only did we tidy up the front garden, but we also did the back one and we cleaned the windows, the post box and the front door. It was a productive Sunday and it's now tidy until the new blooms come out in the spring.

Planning the last few bits for our wedding

We still have plenty to do for our wedding, despite being very organised and a lot of it is out of our control. We've been messed around by suppliers and have been kept waiting when it comes to replies and responses. 

It's a tough wave to ride sometimes but it's slowing coming together and we finally feel as though we've made some headway. We're one step closer to just enjoying the run up to the big day and I'm all for it at this stage in the game.

Giving blood

I gave blood again this month, which is something I'm planning on doing as regularly as possible since I found out that I have NEO blood, which is mainly given to premature babies. It doesn't take much, it's an hour out of my day to help at least one person or family and that makes it all the more worth it. 

It sounds strange to say that I loved giving blood, because it involves needles etc, but I really do love being able to do it, because there might be a time in my life where they say I can't do it anymore, God forbid. So I don't take it for granted.

Having breakfast with my parents

We went out for breakfast one Sunday this month and we had a really lovely time. I had eggs Benedict, as you can probably tell by the header photo, whilst everyone else had a full English. I'm not a big breakfast person, so I like to have something that's light but tasty. 

To be fair, it was delicious and we didn't really eat anything else for the rest of the day. We went to a place in Loughborough called Goodliffes. It would be nice to try the same place out for lunch and dinner, because if the breakfast is anything to go by, I'm sure other food options will be just a delightful.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below wheat you have loved throughout the month of January and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments