Everything I Loved in March


March is over and I can't quite believe it. Not just because it's the end of March already, but because we got married this month after over a year of planning. When we booked it all, it felt like an age away and now I'm sitting writing this with a wedding band on my finger, alongside my gorgeous engagement ring. 

I am now a married woman with a new name and I couldn't be happier. Of course I'm going to be talking about the wedding day in this blog post, why wouldn't I? But there are also a couple of other things I've been loving this month, so let's see what else I have been enjoying, other than enjoying married life, haha.

Getting married!

I got married on the 16th of this month and it was, hands down, the best day of my life so far. It was a wonderful day filled with nothing but love and I am so grateful to have friends and family like that in our lives. 

I couldn't have asked for the day to go any better to be honest. It all went incredibly smoothly and we have no complaints about the day at all. The food was out of this world, the service was professional and faultless and the band was incredible. 

I really couldn't have asked for any more. There was nothing about the day that I would change and we have no regrets about any aspect of the day at all. It was just a stunning day and we're now just soaking up all of the love. Read more about it here.

My 29th Birthday

My birthday, in contrast to my wedding, really wasn't important. However, we did mark the occasion in true foodie fashion. We went out for a meal and enjoyed a few drinks and a bit of cake on the actual day, which was a Thursday, but we also had a little trip out on the Saturday afterwards. We went to my favourite garden centre to enjoy a scone with cream and jam, because they're truly to die for there. It was the only thing I wanted to do really because how do you top an amazing wedding?! You just can't!

Visiting Dishoom & going out for cocktails with Tom in Birmingham

A week before our wedding, Tom and I went to Birmingham for a weekend away. I know it doesn't sound like a romantic weekend away, but Tom wanted me to experience a restaurant that he went to on his stag do, because it was so delicious and great quality. 

That restaurant was called Dishoom. Dishoom is an incredible Indian restaurant in the heart of the Birmingham city centre. The food is amazing. It's hands-down the best Indian food and cuisine that I have ever had. 

The premise is that you order a few small dishes and share it with the person you're there with, like an Indian tapas but the portions are actually very generous, so don't order too much or you won't be able to eat it all. We finished it all off with a chocolate pudding and it was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal. 

After we hit Dishoom, we then went over to Cosy Club for some cocktails. The espresso martini was a massive let down, but the elderflower cocktail I had afterwards was to die for. It was a lovely way to spend the last weekend before we got married and I couldn't have asked it to go any better really.


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below what you have loved throughout March and I will see you again very soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts