A Review: The Vitamin E 'Gentle' Face Wash from The Body Shop


You know what I'm like when it comes to trying new things from The Body Shop. The thing with this, however, is that I have been waiting for them to drop a face wash that went alongside their other Vitamin E products, which I have and love. I have the facial toner and the moisturiser, but to complete the collection, I thought the one thing they were missing was a face wash, and it looks like they have finally delivered. So of course I jumped at the chance to buy it and I have been using it now for a couple of months, which I think is a decent mount of time to now let you know what my thoughts are on it. 

The consistency

The consistency isn't any different from any other face washes that The Body Shop does. It's probably a tad more creamy and thick then the Tea Tree face wash, for example (read my review on that here). I would say that the Tea Tree face wash was similar in consistency to the Lemon face wash they brought out a few years ago (read the review I did on that here). 

But this is a great consistency all in all. It's not too thick that you need loads to cover your face, but it's not too watery that it feels as though you've barely put anything on your face. It's just right and a small amount really does go a very long way. It is no effort at all to squeeze out of the tube and to apply to the face. While it's not creamy, it's not gel-like either. It's what you'd expect from a good quality face wash.

The scent

The only way I can describe the scent of this face wash is fresh. It smells fresh and clean, but not fruity or sharp. It doesn't smell herby, either, or aromatic. It is simply fresh-smelling. It smells like a spa. 

It's comforting and smells quite high-end, almost like you've spent three times as much on it. It smells so good I actually look forward to washing my face everyday, making it feel less like something I just have to do to keep my face clean. It adds to the experience, basically.

The application

As I've already said, it's not too thick or too thin, so applying it to the face is an absolute dream. You don't need a lot. I use a bit more than a pea-sized amount on the fingers, I lather it up slightly and then rub into the skin. A little goes a long way and it makes short work of covering the entire face. 

It's also not too much of a problem to wash off. I find with thicker face washes, it can be a bit of a pain to properly rinse off any residue, but you're done washing your face in five minutes, which is so convenient for those who are on the go or who have little time to get ready in the morning.

The results

The results you get from using this face wash are actually quite impressive. However, for the price, I do expect it to perform better than the face washes you can buy at the supermarkets or drug stores, like Boots or Superdrug. It leaves the skin feel soft and smooth, but it also leaves you somewhat glowing. 

Compared to cheaper alternatives, like the ones available from Clean and Clear or even NIVEA, this face wash leaves your skin feeling moisturised and velvety, rather than tight and a bit dry after drying your face off. I do notice a difference when I use this one over cheaper options, which is why I think it's worth the price tag.

But I can't speak for how it compares to even more costly face washes. If you're looking for something that's more luxurious than the bog standard stuff, but without breaking the bank, then give the Vitamin E 'Gentle' face wash a try from The Body Shop.


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments whether you've tried this before and tell me what you thought to it and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments