Everything I Loved in August


Welcome to my August favourites out for 2026! How are we heading into the 'ber' months already?! I for one am sad to see the back of summer, but I'm looking forward to a colder, crisper autumn season. However, before we look forwards, let's look backwards on the month we've had and see what I loved throughout the month of August.

Celebrating Tom's birthday

Tom turned 32 this year and we had a good day celebrating it. Although we were having that good of a time that I didn't actually take any pictures of the event. We started off the morning at the driving range, then we went out for dinner at an amazing Indian restaurant in the centre of Nottingham, so it was chilled out and very enjoyable all round. Tom had a nice day, which is all that matters. 

Off Campus

Everyone was banging on about Off Campus on Amazon Prime and I looked into it and thought "this is just another tacky rom com thing that all the kids are into and it won't be up my street". But little did I know, I was SO WRONG! It was actually brilliant, although it was definitely made for the girls, haha! It's got just the right amount of drama and romance in it, which had me gripped from start to finish. 

The eclipse

Unless you've been living under a rock this month, we experienced the best solar eclipse since 1999. I love things like that, because I find it so impressive and fascinating. We managed to get our hands on some solar glasses so that we could look at it in the making. It was truly amazing, despite me being able to remember the 99' eclipse. Not to mention the weather was lovely. It's an experience that will live in my memory for a long time to come. 

The Odyssey

I'm not always one for films. I'd much rather watch a good series on the telly. But I must say, that The Odyssey was a notable exception. We went to the cinema to watch this in iMax and it was one of the best cinematic experiences that I can remember in recent years. 

Despite being a long duration, it really didn't feel that long while we were in there. There were times where I was on the edge of my seat and I really was incredibly impressed. I can't wait for it to come onto some sort of streaming channel so I can watch it home using our sound system, because it really was incredible! Was it worth the hype? Absolutely.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below what you've loved throughout the month of August and I'll see you all very soon with some brand new content!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments