Current Favourites

I realised it was a bit too late to do a 'September Favourites', so instead, I'm just going to label this a 'Current Favourites' instead :)
I haven't been loving a whole lot recently, which makes the things I have been loving more significant right?...Right? xD
Oh well, I'm just going to get on with it...
DOG TOOTH WINTER SCARF
This scarf was from Primark a couple of years ago, they have one similar to it in stores RIGHT NOW so if you like this one, check out their recent variation. But I prefer this one, the scarf in stores now is too black and white, whereas mine is cream and black and the dog tooth pattern is much bigger. I think the black and white one in Primark right now looks more like a polka dot patterned scarf when seen from afar instead of a sophisticated dog tooth design. Nevertheless, my scarf is thick, but not necessarily woolly however it is incredibly warm and is a really nice textured material. Also, because of its colour combo, it can be worn with literally anything which is fantastic, especially on a cold winters morning where you're running late and not sure what scarf to wear that will go with your outfit, because I can just grab this one and know it will go nicely with whatever I decide to wear that day :)
RED TARTAN SCARF
Since the weather has been getting a little colder, I thought it was about the right time to whip out my tartan scarf again. I do have a green version as well, but I haven't been wearing that as much as this red one. I like this one because it just adds a pop of colour to an otherwise boring outfit. I could literally wear this with anything. Its also not too thick, but it is 100% lambs wool so its incredibly warm, making the fact its not an overly thick scarf pretty much irrelevant. Either way, I swear by tartan scarves in general, so if you don't have one in your wardrobe as a complete autumn/winter staple, why not? Go out and get one NOW guys :)
EXERCISING
I know, this probably doesn't count as a 'favourite', but I've been loving getting active, if you haven't seen my 'Obsession of the Month | Fitness'  post, you won't know that joined the Triathlon Society and I also got a local gym membership, meaning I can use the pool, gym, go to the classes, use the steam rooms etc. I went to the gym a lot when I was living at home, but I wanted to get a membership to complement my Tri workouts and its really starting to benefit me, in just two weeks I've noticed a difference in my fitness and my family recon I've lost weight which can never be a bad thing, so all in all, exercise has become and important part of my lifestyle, rather than changing my diet, I'm changing my physical activities and upping the antae a little bit :) 
DAISY EAU SO FRESH BY MARC JACOBS
I ran out of my beloved 'DKNY Be Delicious' perfume, and since then, I've been using this one and now I wear it every day. Whenever I wear it, people in my lectures ask me what perfume I'm wearing, and some of them can just tell from the scent that its part of the Daisy clan. Its also a nice big bottle, I've been wearing it everyday for the past two weeks and its barely gone down which is surprising because I'm pretty heavy handed when it comes to applying perfume (woops), but I do want to re-purchase my DKNY perfume, but for now, I'm very content with my Daisy one :)
ASWAD 'DON'T TURN AROUND' SONG
If you have no clue what I'm talking about, I will leave a link to the music video here. If you've never heard it before...WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Yes its a reggae kind of style, which isn't usually my cup of tea, but this song is just so catchy, I've been listening to it everyday since I cam to uni and even downloaded it on my phone to listen to while at the gym or doing a food shop, I know all the words and I just love to bop along to the rhythm, its such a happy-go-lucky beat and melody, but with a slightly more sad back story, either way its the work of pure genius. It came out in 1988, sung by a group called Aswad, which actually means 'black' in another language (I can't remember which language, although I think it may be French) which made me chuckle. I do believe the group has disbanded but either way its an amazing song and I think every human should give it a listen.
INSTAGRAM
https://instagram.com/heartbritishthings/
(if you want to check out my Instagram gallery, simply click the photo above :) )
If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know I've been somewhat slacking on the posting front, although I posted two on the SAME DAY yesterday, which let me just say, never EVER happens so I was rather proud of myself, but as well as posting new photos, I also love to see what other people have been posting, I've been looking for some new accounts to follow and so many have stood out to me, I love searching different hashtags to see what comes up and also to give me some kind of inspiration for my own photography. Sometimes I will just take photos on my iPhone 6 whereas other times I'll take them on my Canon 1200D which I love to death. If I've posted something to my blog which I love, I often transfer it to Instagram for other people to enjoy as well, its also been a favourite app of mine, but I've been using it more and more recently and I can't see that habit changing anytime soon either xD
I really hope you enjoyed this little snippet of things I'm loving right now.
-what have you been loving right now?
-should I give anything a try?
-what do you want to see as a blog post next week?
Leave suggestions in the comment section or get in touch with me via any one of my social media links below, I will catch you Wednesday with a brand new post, have a fabulous Sunday and a great Monday :)
_________________________________________________
WHERE TO FIND ME
PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'My 100th Post This Year'
DISCLAIMER 

Comments

Popular Posts