A Weekend Back Home

(This is Rudi, our family dog, getting a brush from Dad while on his walkies :) )

Last weekend (10th/11th October), I decided to visit home, if you didn't already know, I moved to university a couple of weeks ago and the only down side to that is that I don't get to see my family as much as I used to, and that's not just for one year, its for three. Yes I'm only a train ride or phone call away, but that's not the point, I'm still away from my family and its distressing at first, all I wanted to do was come home, but now classes have started, I've made wonderful new friends and I feel a lot more comfortable in my surroundings now, that and I have different ways to keep me busy, whether that be going to the gym, training with the Triathlon team, doing a quick food shop, going to work, blogging, and attending the odd mass at the Cathedral over the road, I'm so lucky to be within walking distance of everything I love to do. When it comes to blogging, I don't even have to leave my room, its just wonderful.
Anyway, I wanted to come home last weekend because I missed my family, my dog, my bed and my house, when I'm at uni, its like there's a piece of me missing, like there's something not quite right, and that's because I miss my family. While I was there, I felt complete, which sounds cheesy, but I'm very close to my family, and until you have the experience of moving away from your family who you love very much, you may not understand the feeling I have when I'm away from them. But that weekend just made me so very happy, we didn't do anything special, it was relaxing, I was so content just cuddled up on the sofa watching Casualty with a glass of wine, being in my family's company was just so wonderful and I then didn't want to go back, but I had to because I was working on the Sunday night.
But anyway, here's what we did :)
Just to let you know before we begin, this post is somewhat slacking on the photo front, but there are some :)
SATURDAY 10TH OCTOBER
I got the train at about 10:48 in the morning (yes that precise but that's the time the train pulled in to take me to Nottingham), and got to Nottingham Train Station at about 11:20, I didn't get in through the door until about 11:55, but I didn't care :) My parents were out having an appointment with the family masseur (someone who does therapeutic and sports massages) when I got back, but my brother and sister were there, when I got settles, I made a coffee and watched Insidious 2 and fell asleep before the end because I was shattered, then my parents got home, they went shopping at Sainsburys after hence why they were late coming home, we had some lunch and a chat then my mum and sister came with me to get some new running trainers, I joined the Triathlon team and with that comes a heck of a lot of exercise, the trainers I had already were about 7 years old and gave me horrific blisters whenever I went running, so I had to invest in some new ones.
I also bought some insoles for them and some special running socks so had extra comfort. Afterwards we had a late night Costa, I had a sugar free caramel latte, mum had a decafe latte and my sister had a chocolate creamy cooler with cream. Again, we had a lovely chat and had a laugh, family banter and inside jokes, I had so much fun :)
Then we went to where I used to work to buy something for dinner, I got a £10 meal deal (well £9 because I got 10% off), where you get a main, a side, a dessert and a drink, I chose lasagne as a main, roasted vegetables as the side, cheesecake slices as the pudding (I only chose the cheesecake because I hate it, so if I chose something I hated, I wouldn't eat a naughty dessert, instead I had a pot of grapes and strawberries xD) and a six pack of Diet Coke in glass bottles as the drink. I was so hungry I didn't take any photos, but it was delicious :) While I was there, I had a chance to chat to my old work colleagues and see who had replaced me, I had a lovely long chat and a catch up with everyone and it just made me realise how much I miss working in that shop with those people, it made me a little sad if I'm honest, but I've just got to get settled in with my new job and the new people I have to work with, then I'll be just fine :)
Then we stayed up till 1am watching Pirates of the Caribbean and it was amazing. We didn't need to go for a fancy meal or do something special, it was wonderful just doing the little things we used to do when I was home, which, to be honest, I took for granted while I was living there. Now, the time I spend there is so special, and I made the most of every second I spent there.
SUNDAY 11TH OCTOBER
I didn't wake up until about 10am, but I was so tired the day before, I can justify the little lie in ;) I woke up, grabbed a coffee and wrote the 'My Month in Instagram Photos' post which went live that evening. Then I walked the dog, I wanted to do something with him because he too is family and I missed him and our walks in the park, I took some photos which I will leave here for you :)

(Be prepared for lots of leaves and autumnal colours xD)

 (I thought this leaf was really pretty :) )

 (This scarf is my new favourite scarf :) )

(I also took these amazing Radley boots home with me especially now the weather is getting much colder)
Afterwards I came home and packed some things I wanted to take back with me in a suit case and tidied up the room a bit, then I sat down to a delicious Sunday lunch :) Afterwards, I had to get ready to go, I put all my things in the back of the car and my wonderful Mum dropped me off at the station, by quarter to 4 I was on the next train out of Nottingham on my way back to uni. Door to door it takes an hour or so for me to get home which is amazing! I'm so lucky to be able to do that, but anyway, I had a fabulous time at home, when I look back on it, it makes me beam with happiness and I can't wait to do it all over again really soon :)
I will see you Sunday with a brand new post for you all :)
____________________________________________
WHERE TO FIND ME
PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'My Month in Instagram Photos'

Comments

Popular Posts