A Graduation Celebration at Dylan's


On Wednesday 17th July, my little brother graduated from Bangor University in Diagnostic Radiography. So to celebrate this huge achievement in his life, we went for a delicious meal at an independent bar come restaurant on the sea front. With views of the Menai Bridge and impressive waves from the water below, it made for the perfect celebration setting.


The cocktails were impressive, with my brother (obviously) going for 'The Graduate' and my parents opting for 'Mrs Robinson' instead. I went for a red wine, while my brother's girlfriend ordered a pretty tasty gin and tonic variant. 


The starters were fantastic! We went for a small bowl of olives, some cheesy garlic flatbread, two tacos stuffed with butternut squash chunks, salad and chorizo sauce, and lastly, we went for a bread basket with two pots of balsamic and olive oil. The portions were just right, especially seeing as we were sharing them between seven people. 


Our mains consisted of a margarita pizza, breaded chicken and chips, a chicken Thai green curry, a vegetable Thai green curry, a chicken Cesar salad, a chicken burger with cheese and a side of chips, and a parma ham pizza. The food was reasonably priced for a bistro style restaurant and the food was delicious too, so absolutely no complaints! Also, I had never seen a Thai green curry with an onion bhaji as a side before! Let me know if you have. 


Like I say, the views were definitely not something to complain about. Granted, the weather could have been better, but seeing as we live in the city, having views of the sea while we ate our dinner was a novelty. I can imagine, on a hot sunny day, that sitting outside on the balcony with a refreshing cocktail and a bowl of olives would be absolute bliss. You'd just have to fend off the seagulls I guess!


***

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if either yourself, or someone you love, has graduated recently. What did you do to celebrate? I will see you again with a new post very soon :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME

Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

'Like' Us On Facebook


PREVIOUS BLOG POST

'Lessons I've Learnt Working in Retail'


COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Disclaimer

Comments

Popular Posts