Birchbox | July


Is it really that time again? I feel like I only wrote the June one last week. But here we are at then end of the month with yet another box. Now would probably be a good time to tell you that upon receiving my Birchbox in September this year, I will be cancelling my Birchbox subscription. This would subsequently mark a year since my first box arrived. But fear not, because I'll be starting a new beauty box subscription to review over the course of a year, so stay tuned for that! Anyway, let's get into this month's box and its contents. Enjoy!

2019 Boxes


2018 Boxes

Packaging

The packaging this month is alright, pretty simple and a bit shiny. I must say though, I'm glad they ditched the box that came with a plastic mirror of horrific quality! Keeping this simple is usually the best way with these beauty boxes. Having said that, I like the text which has been printed on the side of the tray, I haven't had that on one of my boxes before. Aside from that, everything seemed in order, despite the lack of shredded paper in comparison to previous months. This may have lead to the smashing of the eyeshadow I received as well, something I'm not too chuffed about, as you can imagine. But overall, I like the packaging, it definitely could have been worse.

Contents

I was quite impressed by this month's box. I think I'd use pretty much everything in it, aside form the smashed eyeshadow. I'm also really looking forward to using that deep sleep pillow spray, not to mention the mascara with seemingly rave reviews. Let get into each product in a little more detail, shall we?


Floss Beauty, My Everyday Eyeshadow, Maui (RRP £12.50) - FULL SIZE PRODUCT

I was really disappointed to find that this product had sadly broken in transit. I have since contacted Birchbox who have given me a link to log a complaint, in which I will get a new one shipped to me, hopefully undamaged. This is a real shame as the shade is really pretty. If you got this in your Birchbox, I hope you're enjoying it as much as I want to, haha!

"Universally flattering, these buttery shimmer shadows from Floss Beauty glide on smoothly and blend with ease (even if you just use your finger!). And don't the playful champagne and soft coral shades just scream summer? Buff over your eyelids for a wash of soft, glowing, long-lasting colour, or build to go bold."

DID YOU KNOW...?

"[Birchbox] love Floss's philosophy, 'simple products that make you look like you"


Marcelle, Xtension Plus Curl Mascara (RRP £14.50)

I'm always on the lookout for a great mascara. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to this particular cosmetic, sticking mainly to Lancome, my trusty go-to. But I've also heard good things about this particular brand, even with it being a Birchbox exclusive.

"Using a uniquely curved and tapered brush that hugs the natural shape of your eye, this blacker-than -black mascara grabs hold of every lash to define, lengthen and curl. Plus, the buildable formula stays in place all day whilst never clumping or flaking. Make sure you shimmy the brush back and forth to grip every lash from root to tip."

DID YOU KNOW...?

"You won't find Marcelle anywhere else in the UK, this award-winning brand is exclusive to Birchbox."


Lumene, Invisible Illumination Instant Glow Fresh Skin Tint, Universal Medium (RRP £32.90)

I'll be honest here, I'm not too keen to give this a go. I'm not even sure that it's the right colour, I haven't yet done a proper swatch. I'll keep you posted though on how I get on with it. You never know, you could see it being featured in a monthly favourites post soon!

"Formulated with radiance-boosting Arctic spring water and antioxidant-rich Arctic cloudberry seed extract, this skincare and makeup hybrid hydrates, perfects and brightens your complexion. Using your fingers or a brush, apply the lightweight gel all over your face as a foundation or, if you want more coverage, a tinted primer."

DID YOU KNOW...?

"Every Lumene product contains the finest mega-moisturising Arctic spring water"


This Works, Deep Sleep Pillow Spray (RRP £18)

Annoyingly, I had just bought a pillow spray from Sanctuary Spa, a post you can see here if you were interested. But I was pleased to see this in my Birchbox because I'd heard good things about this in the past, and was eager to give it a try at some point. Although, instead of investing in the larger size at £18 a pop, this answered my beauty prayers!

"This calming spritz is infused with a cocktail of 100% pure essential oils, including lavender, chamomile, vetivert and patchouli. It's clinically proven to help you sleep quicker than usual and wake up feeling refreshed. Spritz a fine mist over your pillow and breathe in deeply - you'll soon be in the land of nod."

DID YOU KNOW...?

"In a study, 97% slept better, 89% fell asleep faster, and 98% felt more refreshed in the morning after using Deep Sleep Pillow Spray"


Percy & Reed, Oh So Smooth Frizz Fixer (RRP £15)

I'll be honest, I was slightly disappointed when I found out that this wasn't a hairspray, but then, for the time of year, this is pretty essential stuff. Luckily, I don't suffer so much with frizzy hair, but I'd imagine this would be good for evening out stray hairs and unwanted frizz when I use heat to curl my hair. It's a perfect travel size as well, meaning it can be used on the go, or while on your sunny summer holidays.

"Using coconut oil, moringa oil and sweet almond seedcake, this silicone-free flyaway-taming spray conditions, smooths frizz, kills static, and enhances shine in just one simple step. Shake well and spritz onto a hairbrush (or your hands if your hair's curly) then brush through. Et voila, silky smooth!"

DID YOU KNOW...?

"Percy & Reed was created by two of London's leading hairdressers. You're in safe hands!"


***

I hope you enjoyed this month's Birchbox un-boxing. I will see you next time with a brand new post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts