Haul | University Supplies So Far


So, as you may (or may not) know, I'm going to be packing myself off to uni this September, and so, with less than a month to go, I've been running around like a headless chicken trying to get things ready, this includes shopping for things I may need when I go to uni. Now, I'll be staying in halls and I will also be self catered (my own choice), so I bought a few bits for the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. So, lets get started shall we? :)
KITCHEN SUPPLIES

I bought these glasses (below) from Sainsbury's, you can still get your hands on them now if you so wish! They're made from recycled glass, something which is stated clearly on the front (it reads "Authentic 100% Recycled Glass"), which personally, I love, its so quirky, like my Kilner glasses (I may bring one of those, but I haven't decided yet). They were only £2.50 each which is pretty reasonable for good quality drinking glasses :)


I bought the mug below from Primark, it was only £1.50, and to be honest, it was the only one I liked, all the others were a bit childish for my liking, but this one is so cute and simple, just my style :)

The next two were from Next Home about a year ago, they came as a set of two (I removed them from the box so they wouldn't take up so much room when I come to move them in). I got them in the sale for £3.50 (down from £7) which was awesome, I loved the geometric print of the one below and I also loved the Orla Kiely inspired one under that, they're also stackable, so they take up less space! That, and they're the perfect size for black coffee (my favourite beverage at the mo :)).
I know this was a random purchase, but coffee lasts for a long, long time, especially when tightly packaged with a tin foil seal, this was on offer for £2.50 in Sainsbury's, and this is my favourite coffee in the world, normally this would cost over a fiver, a lot more than I budgeted for coffee, but this would last me a while, especially seeing as I am the only one who will be using it :)
If you're off to uni, get some essentials like this now, especially if they're on offer, shop around and find the best deals on things which may be expensive for a student, like tea and coffee for example, you don't always have to shop budget brands, just shop around a little bit :)
I also bought 3 plates and a bowl from Sainsburys as they're doing 4 for 3 on their dinner wear at the minute, so I grabbed them while I could and they're really pretty (to see them, you can check my Instagram gallery using the links below or in the side bar :) ).
BATHROOM SUPPLIES
I absolutely love this hand towels, the pink floral ones are from Primark which I got in a sale last week for just £1 each down from £3! WHAT a bargain right? The grey one is from The White Company, I have another one as well which I will be bringing with me as well, but it was in the wash, as was a mint green hand towel from Wilkinsons :) I'm now officially done buying hand towels xD
 My parents got me the stripy and mint green towels in a set back in March (for my birthday), they were from Sainsburys as well! They don't do them any more, but they do sell a stripy bath towel very similar to this one! The other bobbly thing is a bath mat, I want to get another one just in case, you know, one to use while the other is in the wash. The bath mat is from Wilkinsons for about £7 I think :)
BEDROOM & RANDOM

As you can tell, the bed sheet and pillow cases were from Primark. The bed sheet was on offer for £3.90 which is bloody good for a bed sheet, especially seeing as one from Sainsbury's usually costs be around £7. The pillow cases were also on offer for £1.30 (I think). I opted for the pink ones as I already have white ones and I think the pink is pretty and more interesting :)


I know the cook book should have gone in 'Kitchen Supplies', but I totally forgot about it by the time I took the photos,  but anyway, I got this from Sainsburys as well (as you can see), it was only a fiver, and seeing as I wanted to get more creative with my cooking while I'm at uni, I thought I might as well buy it, the main selling point was that it said the meals were quick to cook, as I don't want to spend loads of time cooking, but I do want some variety in what I eat.
I want to go back and get the vegan cooking book as well so I can stay healthy as well :)

 I got this box from a garden centre in Weybridge while I was away, it was £12 down to £6, I bought it to put my toiletries in as the inside was lined with plastic so any excess water won't rot the wood, and it would fit a heck of a lot of things in as well, if you've seen the amount of shampoos, shower gels, body lotions, foot creams and eye creams I own, then you'll understand ;)
I hope you enjoyed this haul, its a little different to other hauls I do, but I thought it would be fun either way :)
Are you off to uni this September?
What are you bringing?
Have you got everything sorted?
Let me know in the comments or via social media (using the links below) :)
___________________________________________________
WHERE TO FIND ME
PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'My A Level Outcome'


Comments

  1. This time last year I was in the same position as you and I was also a headless chicken! I was on a homeware rampage haha! You've got some lovely stuff, the toiletries box was such a good find, it's so pretty! Good luck for uni :) it's brilliant! x

    Polly Cat Contemplates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been waiting to go to uni for ages, so I'm really excited! Probably more so than the 18 year olds 😂 (I'm 20 😊) x

      Delete
  2. YOu have such gorgeous taste, I can't wait to go to uni now only a year to go tho : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words :) That time will come around quicker than you think, just you wait :)

      Delete

Post a Comment