Off To University? You'll Need A Vaccination!

I know what you're thinking... why the heck do I need one if I'm only going to uni?', I thought the same, until I learnt of the importance of it! This vaccination will protect you against FOUR types of Meningitis, now if that isn't enough to make you have one, I don't know what is! This injection will save your life. 
The reason why students need it is because you'll all be together a lot of the time, in small spaces, in clubs, in seminars and lecture theatres and also in halls or flats, its really important you protect yourself against the spread of this disease!
I know that Meningitis typically occurs in young children, HOWEVER, the other peak time for someone to catch it is between 17 and 20. To get your jab, simply book an appointment with your local GP, a nurse is certified to do it also, so a Doctor isn't necessary. If you don't have time between now and uni, you can book an appointment at your University GP instead, but make sure you do it ASAP, don't put it off!
There aren't any side effects really either, you'll have a sore arm for a little bit, but it won't stop you doing any day to day activities, I got mine today, and went to the gym afterwards! It doesn't bleed at all either, so if you're someone who is effected by blood, it shouldn't bother you at all!
If you want anymore information, I will leave a link HERE for you! If you aren't clear on anything, refer to that document :)
Sorry this wasn't a very interesting post, but it is a very important one!
See you Sunday with a brand new blog post :)
_______________________________________________
WHERE TO FIND ME

Comments