The Hottest Day of The Year | Bradgate Park


So yesterday (Saturday 7th May) was the hottest day of the year so far here in the UK, so my parents came to visit me at university. Instead of having lunch in the city followed by a small shopping spree, we decided to drive down to Bradgate Park for a walk. The park itself is huge, so huge in fact there are four different car parks for the four corners of the park. We were parked nearest the end with some castle ruins, so we took a walk up there, and goodness me, the view was amazing.

It was a tad hazy because the weather was so mild, so I apologise for that in the photos, but either way, the view is amazing and well work the long, rocky hike up to the top of the hill.



We then made our way across another hill to a monument which stood to remember those who died in both the first and second world wars. There were also some stunning views from up there too!


We then made our way over to find the onsite restaurant that was there. It was miles away, a lot further away than we had expected, but we had a pretty scenic route there. We also stopped and took a walk around the Elizabethan castle ruins which were there as well, where Lady Anne Grey had once lived and is now buried there in the chapel with her husband.


I didn't actually take any photos after this. Why? Because a storm erupted right after the previous photo was taken, so naturally, the camera went away, and we ran back to the car!

I hope you enjoyed this post, and that it wasn't too boring for you. But either way, I had a fantastic time with my family. I'd come here again for sure :) See you next time with a brand new blog post for you!
______________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME


Comments

Popular Posts