A Colourful Addition


There aren't really a lot of people who are aware that I'm actually pretty into artwork. My dad and I can spend hours looking round galleries and shops that sell original, unique and quirky paintings. Personally, I'm a lot more drawn to colourful pieces, whereas my dad is more into water colours and more traditional pieces. Most of the artwork we own is hung around the house, but I had wanted a colourful piece to have in my bedroom. I hadn't really found any that leaped out at me, but when I saw this in a local shop called 'A Room Full of Butterflies', I fell completely in love with it.

It wasn't cheap, so I had to leave it there which was gutting. My dad had come with me that day and we had looked around together, so he knew I loved it. On a side note (but its still totally relevant to this story), I went back to uni for a weekend to celebrate the end of the academic year with the Swimming and Triathlon club, and when I came back home on today, there was a bag on my bed and inside was something wrapped in bubble wrap. I took it out, and there it was, the painting I had to leave. I was holding it, it was in my house. My parents had bought it for me as a surprise! How wonderful!

Anyway, I thought it was too beautiful, and such a marvellous addition to my bedroom, I just had to blog about it!

It was painted by artist Pauline Limb, who may I add, painted this in her eighties!! Its such a beautiful painting and I'm completely in love with it. I will leave you with some up close ups, I haven't really interpreted the painting properly yet, but do let me know what you think :)


I hope you enjoyed this colourful blog post! I will be publishing an extra one tomorrow as I missed a post last week, so stay tuned for a Bank Holiday Bonus post! Have a great day guys and gals.
__________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'Four Cheese Tuna Pasta Bake'

Comments

Popular Posts