Hello June | Things I'm Loving Right Now

We are now half way through the year...how did that happen? When did that happen? I feel like I blinked at Christmas and found myself here in June, that's how quick I think it's all gone. But anyway, it's kind of a good thing and hopefully, by the end of the month, we're back to normal - more so than now. 

So with that to look forward, and the opportunity to have lots of barbecues and the warmer weather on the way, I thought I'd mark the start of the month by telling you what I'm loving right now! Let's get into, shall we?

Mare of Easttown

Available on Sky Atlantic, this is a great, chilling drama starring Kate Winslet as Mare. Mare is a detective for a Easttown's police force, but she's also a divorcee with two children and a grandchild. Although, her son ended up committing suicide, leaving Mare to care for his only child. With a mother who lives at her place and her ex husband in the house at the bottom of her garden, she starts to become dissatisfied with her life.

But when a local girl goes missing and her body is discovered, Mare and her new partner go in search of answers. With a number of twists and turns along the way, being somewhat of a multi-strand story, it's very much a series that is, admittedly, slow to start, but soon picks up and ends on shock cliffhangers almost every time. 

If you want to watch it now, there are already a few episodes that have been uploaded and are ready to view whenever you want. But, new episodes are currently being released every Monday, but it's totally worth the wait - trust me!

Fresh flowers

I find that nothing brighten's the place up more than a fresh bunch of colourful flowers and what better time to buy some than the summertime? I find there's a lot more choice around this time of year, with bold, bright colours available as well as some more muted, spring tones mixed in. Depending on where you get them from, they can also be very reasonably priced, so you won't have to break the bank to liven the place up a bit.

Cooling eye gel from The Body Shop

I bought this a few weeks ago and have been using it ever since. As recommended, I keep it stored in the fridge for an extra cool feeling and it really does do a world of good. I often feel awake and refreshed after using it and it doesn't smell of anything either, so it's great for all skin types, even if yours is particularly sensitive.

I recently wrote an independent blog post all about it, detailing how you use it, the consistency you can expect and also my first impressions. If you want to give that look over, you can give that a read here. Let me know if you've ever tried this product before and what you thought to it because I think it's brilliant!

Homemade bread

We've been eating homemade bread a lot in our house and that's all thanks to Tom. I haven't contributed at all to these loaves of deliciousness. We've since devoured two white loaves and one seeded loaf and let me tell you, it's an absolute gamer changer for us. 

We now won't be eating supermarket bread just because of how much healthier the homemade alternative is. I'll be writing and publishing a blog post detailing a quick and easy recipe for the bread Tom has made, so keep your eyes peeled for that if you're interested :)


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Let me know in the comments what you've been loving recently and I'll see you again really soon with a brand new article! Have a great day.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts