June Favourites

It's that time of the month again - no, not that kind - where I show you what I've been loving most over the last four weeks or so. There's a bit of a mixed bag this month, much like every 'favourites' post I've ever done, so be prepared to talk food, flowers and gas barbecues all in one blog post. So let's get into what I've loved throughout June 2021 :)

Our hanging baskets

I've decided that, in my old age, I love a good hanging basket. After planting, hanging and nurturing one basket, we opted to get another one, adorned with trailing fuchsias and pink and white petunias just for a bit of change. 

I find that they're quite an eye-catching feature, especially as they begin to grow and flourish over time. I just love how colourful it makes the garden look and they also help to bring in the bees and we love to look after the bees in this house - anything that helps them is a bonus really. 

Peonies

It's quickly become peony season here in the UK (and probably everywhere else, really) and all I can say is that it makes me so happy to see them around again. Peonies are actually my favourite flowers and I always buy a bunch every single year without fail. They look beautiful, they smell amazing and they aren't too expensive either. They really do just add some dimension to a drab space and they bloom spectacularly well!

Chocolate chip, bite-size Wheetabix

I'm not really a fan of plain Wheetabix as it's just bland. Most the time I'll drizzle some honey over it or slice up some banana, but even that gets a bit boring after a while. So recently, we've been trying the chocolate chip, bite-size variety and we've been loving it! They're more tasty, easier to actually eat and they have tiny bits of chocolate in them - what's not to love in comparison to their normal cereal?

BBQs

Every since the weather turned warm, we've been using our new Weber gas barbecue more and more. It's dead simple to hook up, quick to warm through and cooks everything to a deliciously superb standard every singe time. Not only am I loving the barbecue itself, I'm also loving the food it manages to cook up, whether it be a chilled barbecue round at ours or a family affair with our parents, it never fails to add some joy!

Homemade bread

I've talked about homemade bread on my blog before. In fact, it was actually the one that was published before this. We've been loving making and eating homemade bread recently, whether it be white, wholemeal or seeded, it's a healthy, delicious alternative to shop-bought bread and I'm not sure we'd ever go back again out of choice. I've included a link to a really simple recipe that'll take you through how you can make your own bread in around 2 hours, so take a look if you're interested :)


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Let me know in the comments below what you've been loving this month. Are any of your favourites the same as mine? I'd love to find out :) But in the meantime, I'll see you again really soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts