Everything That Made Me Happy This Week

I really like doing these blog posts, because it allows me to look back on the week that's been and only pick out the good things that have happened. The last seven days have been filled with joyous occasions; some big and some small. But no matter their size, they're still worth noting so that I can look back on this in years to come and be reminded of life's little pleasures. So, let's go on with it, shall we?

Going to my best friend's son's 3rd birthday party

My best friend's little boy turned three this month and we were so pleased to have been invited to his birthday party. We rocked up with some Minion PJ's, ate some cake and just generally had a great time. They always put on such a lovely spread and we absolute love seeing how the little chap has been getting on, especially seeing as we hadn't actually seen them in person for several months. Either way, it was lovely day and the little'en had a fantastic day - which is all that matters.

My new Adidas trainers

I've been looking for a decent pair of all-white trainers for quite some time now. I didn't want them to look bulky, but then I didn't want them to be thin and unsubstantial. At the same time, I didn't want a canvas material but then I didn't want to pay too much for them either. So my solution? I bought a pair of plain white Adidas trainers from the children's section and I'm so glad that I did, because they're great quality, have a little bit of colour to make them look more interesting and they were only £33, down from £55, so overall, they were an absolute STEAL! I've left a link to them below for you, in case you're interested :)

I've noticed my baby cactus is growing

A few months ago, my mum gave me a cut of her huge Christmas cactus and potted it for me as a little gift. For ages it wasn't growing but it wasn't dying, either, so I thought I'd give it a little TLC and some time and patience and hey presto! We have new green leaves, which is fabulous, because I'm absolutely RUBBISH at keeping any kind of plant alive. I guess my mum thought a cactus would be difficult for me kill, haha.

The new nail polish I've bought STILL hasn't chipped

I applied this nail polish about ten days ago and it's still going strong. I often have trouble with chipped nail varnish, even after applying a top coat. But this one has lasted a long while without chipping, getting scratched or breaking off at any point, which pleases me greatly given that it actually is something that really annoys me. But if you enjoy a natural colour with amazing staying power, then you should definitely look to buy this polish by Esse. I've left a link to it below for you!

I've realised we're ever-closer to autumn

I know we've just add a few days of extremely hot weather, which is getting a bit boring, being absolutely honest. But before the mini-heatwave began, there were a few days where the weather had turned really quite chilly and I was totally down for that change in temperature as it meant autumn was fast-approaching. But the temperatures are set to fall again now, which I'm looking forward to immensely, just so I can wrap up and wear cosy socks again for the next ten months or so, haha.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Let me know in the comments what made you happy this week and I'll see you again soon with a brand new blog post.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts