5 Tips for Heading Back to the Office


 The time has arrived for us to now get back to some sort of normality after the Covid-19 pandemic. I realise that it's still very much ongoing, but it's important for most people to try and pick up where they left off pre-lockdown. I, much like millions of other workers in Britain, are being asked to return to the office, on a hybrid basis. 

This means that some of my time will be spent working in the office and the rest of it will be from home. But how easy is it to adjust back to office life? From experience, it's not an easy transition to make after 18 months of home working. but seeing as I've been back for a while now, I thought I'd offer some tips for heading back to the office!

Limit the decisions you need to make in the morning

Get everything ready the night before. I have my bag packed, lunch made, laptop away and wires in hand all ready for the next morning. I even have an outfit planned on hangers and a fresh towel ready to greet me in the morning. 

This way, you won't be spending precious minutes looking for things you can't find and being in a rush at the same time. Rushing will mean you'll end up forgetting even the smallest of things but you'll end up missing those little items the most, like a charging cable, set of headphones or even a pair of sunglasses.

Leave the house earlier than you would have done normally

You can't be sure what the traffic is going to be like these days, so make sure you leave the house in plenty of time. Much like the first tip, this one will help to reduce stress which also means a safe and happy journey to the office. Getting the work early will also make you feel more productive and so you might well find that you get more done during the day because of this.

Bring a set of headphones

Depending on what it is you do, you might find a set of headphones to be particularly worthwhile. I'm a Copywriter and so I can listen to podcasts and music all without being distracted from my work. In fact, I find I'm more productive when I'm listening those things rather than working in complete silence. It also allows you some freedom, on your lunch break, to watch an episode of your favourite programme or a few videos on YouTube.

Ask about flexible 'Return to Work' options

These flexible options, if there are any, will make the transition far smoother. Whether it be flexi-time or accrued hours that can be used another day, it'll all help to make it feel like less of a shock on the system, especially if you've been asked to come back to work full time.

Take those breaks!

Take every break that comes your way. Whether it's time to nip to the toilet, a five minute walk around the office building or even going for a coffee half way through the day, short breaks, little and often, can do you the world of good when it comes to the working environment. Also, remember to take your lunch break, don't work through it and don't finish the day late!

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Let me know in the comments what you're doing to ease yourself back into the office. How are you finding your non-WFH life? I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts