4 Things You Can Do to Turn a Bad Morning into a Good Day

I don't often experience bad mornings, but when I do, there are some things I like to do to try and lift my spirits for the rest of the day ahead. Whether I'm at work or not, bad mornings could happen for almost any reason. It might even be something as simple as not having a very good night's sleep, because when that happens, I wake up feeling even more tired and groggy than when I went to bed in the first place. 

But like most people, I'm a nightmare when I'm shattered and that doesn't make for a good start to the day, at all, especially if I'm in a particularly bad mood for what seems like no reason. So let's just ignore that and focus on what I do to try and make myself feel a bit better so I can be ready to take on the day.

Listen to some good music or an enjoyable podcast

At the minute, I'm really into Aerosmith, so listening to any song by that stellar band is bound to instantly put me in a good mood. I also really enjoy listening to a number of different podcasts, whether it be true crime, lifestyle-orientated content or even mindfulness podcasts, there's always something out there that will help me to think about something else and perhaps learn something new.

Do some form of exercise

I'm not going to bang on about this too much because it's pretty common knowledge that exercise helps to lift your mood by way of naturally-induced endorphins. So whether you go for a 5K run at lunchtime or a 2km bike ride, you're bound to feel much better in yourself by the time you get home and chill out again. Even walking once around the block will help to get some blood flowing around the body and often, that's all it takes.

Do something you enjoy

I enjoy blogging, but then I also really like running, which comes under exercise. But when I'm feeling down or anxious about something or if I just need a general pick-me-up, then doing something I find a lot of joy in instantly makes me feel better. So whether you like knitting or baking or gardening or even walking, then dabble in it for a few minutes to help transform your bad morning into a cool, relaxing day.

Try and change your mindset for the rest of the day

If I wake up feeling like a Negative Nelly, then I'll have a coffee, eat some breakfast and maybe even go for a run - my normal morning routine - and then I'll sit down and look to turn my overall mindset around. I do this by finding the silver linings in things and noting down everything that has made me feel happy or grateful over the last couple of days. By putting a positive spin on things, I find it instantaneously shifts my mood to give me a brighter outlook on things.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. If there are certain things you do to lift your mood that aren't on this list, then leave them in the comments below. I'll see you again really soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts