Things I Loved in August

I say this at the end of every month, but I just cannot believe that we're waving goodbye to August and hello to September - how crazy is that, really? How have we managed to get through nine months of the year so damn quickly? I definitely feel like time goes wayyyy faster as an adult than it did as a child...anyone else find that? Anyway, you're not here to listen to me rabbit on about how fast this month has flown by, you're here to see what I've loved throughout August, so here goes!

My new Fitbit Charge 4

If you've been following me for a while, you'll know that I like to go running a lot and I've recently got into swimming again. But where I can track my runs using Strava, linked to my phone, I can't really take my mobile into the pool with me, haha. So I did some research and found that the Fitbit Charge 4 was best for those who wanted to track water sports and activities.

I didn't actually realise how much data the Fitbit collects. It manages to work out your average resting heart rate, your average heart rate when running, your sleep patterns, it has GPS and even Fitbit Pay, which is much like Apple Pay. It can also help you to track stress levels, the amount of steps you walk, the calories you burn and consume and you can even log how much water your drink in a day as well. Basically, if you're a fitness freak, then a Fitbit would be better for you over an Apple Watch, for example.

Treseme 'Pro Collection' Keratin Smooth Mask

I like to use a hair mask once a week, I think it just helps to restore some softness and shine to my hair at the end of a busy week, especially when I've been out running four/five times. I've tried lots of different hair masks over the years, from many different brands, but not one of them stood out as a go-to, quality product.

When I came across this one, I thought I'd give it a go for a few months as the tub is huge and you really don't need to use a lot, especially on my hair as it's quite short. But it's a pleasure to use, easy to apply and an absolute breeze to wash out. I leave it in for about five minutes, generally while I'm doing other things.

Once I've blow-dried it, my hair feels sleek and soft, almost like I've had a haircut again. It also makes my barnet look extremely shiny, so much so everyone asks what I use to get my hair like that. Either way, if you give this a try, you won't be disappointed.

Simple mid-week meals

I'm one of those people who absolutely hates cooking complicated dishes, especially if it's in the middle week. I'm happy clocking off work, trotting down to the kitchen and whipping something up quickly. Usually, Tom and I would be sat down for dinner by about half six at the latest, which I'm happy about. But quick and simple doesn't have to mean unhealthy.

We pt for chicken jambalaya, cooked in the slow cooker over about an hour. Other quick meals include garlic chicken with herby greens and new potatoes, pesto pasta with mushrooms and broccoli, baked potatoes with cheese and salad and even a vegetable Balti with peppers, onions and chickpeas. If you'd like any recipes for those, please do let me know!

The Body Shop coffee face mask

I've always been one of those people who thought face masks were something of a money-making scheme for beauty and skincare firms, but this one has actually swayed my opinion about that. I thought I'd buy the little tester pot just in case I didn't like it, or thought that it wasn't doing much, but that's actually not the case. 

Not only does it smell amazing, but I've actually noticed a different in my skin since using it. I apply it once a week and will leave it on for around five minutes. I'll then wash it away with warm water and then spend the rest of the day touching my face because it feels soooo smooth, haha. I wrote a review all about it, so if you'd like some more in-depth information about it, give it a read here.


The Walking Dead

If you like The Walking Dead, then you'll know that the last season has started streaming and I for one cannot be anymore excited to give it a watch. If you've never seen it before, or don't know what it's about, then it's effectively based in a post-apocalyptic world that's now filled with brain-munching zombies. 

The main guy, Rick, is constantly trying to find a safe haven for himself, his family and friends he's met along the way, but it always proves to be somewhat of an uphill battle, meeting baddie after baddie. If you like the horror genre mixed with a hint of drama and a dash of thriller, then this is the perfect show for you.

Snugbury's ice cream

I recently wrote about our second trip to Snugbury's, on our way home from Wales. While we were there, not only did we enjoy a few scoops while we were there, but we also bought two tubs of the stuff to enjoy at home and boy am I glad we did. It's absolutely delicious! Read my review about the place here, if you're interested about finding out more about where it is and what they're about :)


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Let me know in the comments what you've been loving throughout August and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts