The Perfect Recipe for Gooey Oat Cookies


I have always wanted to try my hand at making some gooey oat cookies. They look delicious, they smell delicious, they sound delicious, just everything about them is DELICIOUS! But I've only ever had shop-bought oat cookies and I wondered how different the homemade ones would taste. The answer? Very different, surprisingly. 

I didn't expect my homemade ones to taste half as good as the Sainsbury's Taste the Difference oat cookies, but here we are. Seeing as I was so impressed by my own attempt at making gooey oat cookies, I thought I'd share the recipe with you :)

Prep time: 10 minutes

Cook time: 12-14 minutes

Serves: 12

Ingredients

*125g porridge oats
*150g brown sugar
*100g unsalted butter
*100g plain flour
*75g raisins (optional)
*1 egg
*1 tsp vanilla extract
*0.5 tsp baking powder
*0.5 tsp ground cinnamon 
*0.5 salt

Method

Step one: beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy
Step two:  add the egg and vanilla extract
Step three: tip in the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly
Step four: once the mixture has formed a dough, roll into 12 equal sized balls
Step five: line a baking tray with grease proof paper and evenly spread the dough balls across it
step six: place in the oven at 200C and cook for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown
Step seven: allow to cool and serve and enjoy

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Let me know in the comments whether you gave this a go or if you think you'll try your hand at them soon. I'll see you again shortly with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts