A Recipe | Homemade Garlic, Chilli & Parmesan (Sourdough) Bread

 

Like a lot of people, I absolutely LOVE me a slice of garlic bread, so I thought I'd change things up a bit and make some myself, only with all the cheese and a bit of a kick spice wise. Just because this was such a simple and quick recipe, I thought I'd share the details with you so that you can make it yourself at home for those grey, dull and cold days where you can't really be bothered to make anything more substantial.

Serves: 5-7

Prep time: 15 minutes

Cook time: 12 minutes

Ingredients

*2 sourdough baguettes
*250g of grated cheddar
*50g parmesan cheese
*Sprinkle of chilli flakes
*4-5 cloves of garlic
*Sprinkle of thyme 

Method

Step one: cut up your sourdough baguettes into four pieces, slicing it in half and then in half again
Step two: butter each slice then take a peeled garlic clove, cut it in half and rub the open side onto each slice of bread
Step three: take each garlic clove and crush them in a garlic press over each of your bread slices and then spread them out evenly over each slice
Step four: sprinkle some cheddar over each slide and then tip some thyme over the top
Step five: shake some parmesan over the slices and, add some chilli flakes and a little more thyme for good measure
Step six: put the bread slices in the oven for about 10-12 mins or until the cheese has melted
Step seven: serve on a board to your guests and then enjoy!

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments whether you gave this a go and what you thought to it. I'll see you again soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts