Everything I Loved in February

Another month has been and gone and I feel like February actually dragged a hell of a lot more then January did - weird right? I'm sure I've had this blog post sitting in my drafts, waiting to be written for at least a few years, haha. But anyway, yes, it is, finally, the end of February and what a busy month it has been. 

Plenty has happened for us, mainly including home renovations, weekends away and seeing family, but with that aside, I thought I'd share with you everything else I've either loved doing or things I have loved throughout the last four weeks, so let's get into it, shall we?

Our new sofa

We got a new sofa last month, towards the back end of it, and we've been obsessed with it ever since then. I know we can't really sit on much else, but it's almost like we just look forward to the end of the working day so we can go and chill out on it. 

I've never been this comfortable on a sofa before, so I think that just shows how happy we are with our new purchase. I'm also obsessed with the colour, mainly because it matches the grey in our curtains so I'm pretty chuffed to be honest because I wasn't sure if it was going to go with it when we ordered it, but hey presto!

The Body Shop banana bubble bath

I recently wrote about this bubble bath right here on my blog, telling you everything there is to know about the product together with what I thought to it. My verdict is pretty plain to see because it's made it into this list, haha. It's a lovely bath product that feels luxurious to use but without the super expensive price tag to go along with it. I've been using it every time I have a bath because it smells delightful.

It doesn't have that fake banana smell, like a milkshake or something that's been chemically altered to smell like banana. It smells fresh and, pretty much, delicious. Almost like someone has blended a fresh banana with quality bath products to give you what's in the bottle, basically. Read my review of this bubble bath here if you're interested in it :)

Having my haircut

I'm not the biggest fan of getting my hair cut, as I've discussed on here before. I can't put my finger on what it is, exactly, but there's just something about it that I don't enjoy. However, it gets to a certain point where my hair starts to really get on my wick and that's how I know that it's time to get a haircut. This month, despite not really liking it, I was absolutely itching to get it all chopped off and back to my usual, shorter length. Find out what I ask for when I go to the hairdressers here.

Daffodils

Daffodils are super pretty, really cheap to get hold of and they just remind me that spring is right around the corner. We're slowly getting out of those short, dark days and cold weather and into longer, brighter days and warmer weather. It gives us something to look forward to. Spring symbolises fresh starts and new beginnings and I'm all for that!

The Apprentice

I know it's still ongoing and that it's a little bit too much like reality TV, but I've watched The Apprentice every year now for at least the last 12 years or so - I never miss a season, basically. I couldn't wait for this season to start because we had gone a year, possibly two (I can't remember) without our annual dose of Alan Sugar. I've been loving it so far, mainly I'm in it for the fights and back stabbing (I love me some drama). But in all honesty I really do enjoy this show and it's just something I've really been loving this past month. 

A family trip to Bakewell

My brother had his birthday in February and he and his girlfriend came over to visit us from Wales. Over the last weekend of the month, we spent a Saturday visiting Bakewell in Derbyshire, going for a very lovely 6km walk across its rolling hills and stopping for a cake and some coffee. I might well dedicate a blog post to our trip there so I can document the day as it was very special and something I'll remember for a very long time to come :) 

The header picture at the top of this blog post was taken there - it's a beautiful village and, as you may well have guessed, it's where you can buy a world-famous Bakewell tart or a Bakewell pudding. It's worth a visit if you're passing through the county, but make sure you have cash if you're wanting to park there for a short while. Long stay accepts cards, but you'll have to stay there for over four hours.


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments what you've been loving throughout February and I'll see you all again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts