Everything I Loved in December

It's that time of the month again, but let me start by saying how mad is it that we're at the end of December and we're sliding, head first, into a brand new year? It's crazy to me that we're edging ever closer to 2023. 

A lot has happened over the last year, which I won't get into right now because I might do a separate blog post on that, but a great deal has also happened over the last month. So much in fact that it was difficult for me to narrow it down to just a few things, otherwise we'd be here all day. So here's everything I loved in December!

Seeing Westlife & Blue live

This month, my mum and I went to see Blue and Westlife, all within the space of a week. I didn't blog about Westlife, but I did about Blue, so you can read that here if you would like :) Westlife were fantastic, though. They really did put on an excellent show and even though there were a man down, they sang wonderfully together. 

You probably wouldn't have noticed that they were a man down if you didn't know there are supposed to be five of them. They're just classic, really. This was the sixth time we've seen Westlife live, the last time being about ten years ago. 

We were supposed to see Blue twenty years ago, but Lee got a sore throat and they had to cancel, then they split up so we never actually got to see them in the end, until a couple of weeks ago when they visited Nottingham's Motorpoint Arena. I'll drop some photos below for you. I'll let you work out which band is which ;)

Watching the World Cup 

What a weird time of year to be watching the World Cup. You never normally watch the world cup with a mulled wine and a mince pie in hand do you, haha? But it made a fun change, I suppose. 

Anyway, we only really watched the matches where England played and we were surprised to see that they were actually doing quite well, until they came up against France and they were knocked out. Despite that, though, it was a good laugh and we enjoyed it, hence why it's made it onto this list :)

The York Train Museum

At the start of the month, me, Tom and his side of the family visited York. We went to the train museum to have a muse around and then we went out for a Sunday roast. Afterwards, we went to see the Queen Elizabeth II statue that they had recently erected in her memory and that was well worth the detour. We then moved on to have a look around the Christmas market, but it was actually really disappointing. 

There weren't many food and drink stalls and all of the other stalls looked to just be selling tat, in all honesty. I wouldn't race back to York during Christmas, put it that way! But the trip to the museum and the dinner was something worth writing home about.

Bailey's hot chocolates

You can't beat a Bailey's hot chocolate, especially at Christmas. So it's no wonder that this hot beverage has made it onto my list of things I've loved throughout December. What's more, you can still enjoy a delicious hot choc without adding a splash of Bailey's. I wrote a blog post all about how you can make the perfect hot chocolate and you can read that here!

The German Christmas market, in Birmingham

You might have already seen that we all went to the German Christmas market in Birmingham. You can read all about it in this blog post (I go into loads more detail over there), but it was everything you could expect in a German Christmas market, including the novelty mugs that your mulled wines and hot chocolates come in. 

Seeing my brother & his girlfriend for Christmas

It's not often that my brother and his girlfriend has so much time off over Christmas, but this year, they had enough time to see both sides of their family. Nathan came up on the 20th and left on the 23rd to see his girlfriend's side of the family in Ireland. 

Although we had to deal with some unexpected problems over those three days, we still managed to squeeze in a trip to the cinema to see Avatar II, we went to the pub for a drink and we also travelled to Birmingham for the Christmas market. So we did a lot during their time here. It was also nice just to see them and spend some time with them over such a special time of year.

My friend having her baby

On the 27th December, my friend had her baby. It was a boy and he was born healthy and happy to two lovely people. They already have a son who is an absolute sweetheart and he's just so excited to have a little sibling. I'm just so happy for them!

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below what you loved over the last month. Are any of your loves the same as mine? I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts