Blue in Concert: A Piece of Noughties Nostalgia


So a few days ago, myself, my mum and Tom went to go and see Blue live at Nottingham's Motorpoint Arena. Tom wasn't initially going to come with us. My friends was going to tag along instead, but at the time, she was heavily pregnant and so didn't come with us in the end. To save us wasting a whole ticket, Tom decided to come instead, which was really nice. He's usually more of a rock and roll type of guy, but I think he secretly enjoyed the concert, haha.

So as you can see from the photos, we were sat pretty close to the stage. B*Witched supported and, of course, they did their legendary 'C'est La Vie' classic. It got everyone up and out of their seats and doing the dance as well! I'm, just showing my age now haha. Anyway, it wasn't long before Blue came on the stage and opened the show with one of their new songs, which I didn't really know. To be honest, I was in it for the 2000's bangers.

I was quickly dancing away, however, as they started to play 'Curtain Falls'. Some of the other classics they played were: 'Fly By', 'All Rise', 'Bubblin'', 'One Love', 'U Make Me Wanna', 'Guilty', 'Walk Away' and 'Sorry Seems to Be', to name a few. If you've grown up with Blue, then I totally recommend going to see them. Tom didn't think he'd know many of the songs, but he actually knew a lot more than he thought did!

They were absolutely fantastic. All four of them were on stage and they harmonised together flawlessly. It really made for a great sound and their energy was spectacular as well. There was never a boring moment. They also had a professional pianist playing, which was different for a pop band, but it made all the difference when it came to the performance of the ballads. They really were amazing and I'd go and see them again tomorrow if they came by again, so watch this space :)


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments whether or not you've seen, or want to see, Blue live and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post!

MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts