Visiting Birmingham's German Christmas Market

On the 22nd December, our family visited the Birmingham German Christmas Market. We each had a Bratwurst, some mulled wine, a stein of beer and we even indulged a bit and shared some churros and had a crepe each, each one filled with sugar, cinnamon and Nutella. Mine was super rich, to the point where I couldn't actually finish it, haha. We also had a bowl of garlic mushrooms, and they were absolutely divine. 

I actually didn't end up taking too many photos, because we were just enjoying ourselves that much that I totally forgot to snap a few extra photos, especially of the food. But we did take some pictures of the family, which I won't share here, they're just for the memories :) 

But I'll share with you what I have and you might then feel like you might want to pay the market a visit next year. It's probably the closest you'll get to an authentic German Christmas market without setting foot on a plane, so it's worth a wander if you can get there!

We also loved the mugs that the mulled wine came in, so much so we actually came home with three of them! One was a penguin, the other was Father Christmas and the last one was frosted glass with patterns embossed into it. Each one said that they were from the Birmingham German Christmas market, but I'll always look at them over the festive period and think of our trip to Birmingham to visit the Christmas market. Again, sorry about the lack of photos, I really was just engrossed!

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments whether you've ever been to the Birmingham Christmas Market or if you've been to one in Germany. Do you plan on going to the Birmingham Christmas market next year or will you squeeze it in this year? Let me know in the comments below and I'll see you again soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME

Twitter

Instagram

Pinterest

'Like' Us On Facebook!


PREVIOUS BLOG POST

Our Living Room at Christmas


COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Disclaimer

Comments

Popular Posts