Everything I Loved in November


We're coming towards the end of the year now, with just over a month left to go. I'm so excited to see Christmas just around the corner, but before we start thinking about Christmas, let's look back at the month of November and everything that I enjoyed throughout the last few weeks. From Bonfire Night and birthdays to a girly day out visiting Edinburgh, there are plenty of things that have happened that I want to make a note of. Let's unpack November!

Visiting Edinburgh for our 7 year anniversary

This month, we had the amazing experience of visiting Edinburgh in Scotland. It was a long drive but it was totally worth the trek. I won't go into it too much on here because I want to write a dedicated blog post about our trip, but I'll summarise it instead. 

Firstly, we visited a whisky distillery in the outskirts of Scotland, learning about how they make the famous Glenkinchie Scotch Whisky. It was very fun and informative, I recommend it for anyone who is a whisky buff (the Scottish way of spelling Whiskey is without the 'e', so it's not a typo!). Again, I have a dedicated blog post set up that's just about that, so keep your eyes peeled for that over the next few days.


That same night we walked around the Edinburgh Christmas market and then hit up the Hard Rock Cafe in the centre for a cocktail and some nachos to share. Of course, we had to buy a souvenir glass and pin badge while we were there, because we collect them every time we go. Then we hit the hay, ready for a full day the next morning.


Saturday morning, we went out for breakfast at a Wetherspoons that used to be an old cinema. It was early because we had booked a slot at the Edinburgh Castle for 10am, but we started the day off strong with a sausage cob (sausages in a bread roll), which I couldn't actually finish, so we were energised to walk up to and around the castle. It was very interesting, there was a lot to see and there's something there for everyone. 


The same day, we went to a place called the Scottish Whisky Experience. We looked around the shop and then went upstairs for a coffee and some cake. Eventually, we moved onto the alcoholic beverages as the day moved on. Tom enjoyed a tipple of whisky and I had a glass of red wine for good measure, haha. 


We then took a stroll around the town, looking at everything the city had to offer us in a whistle-stop tour of our own. By the evening, we found ourselves paying Greyfriars cemetery a visit to see Bobby, the dog, who never left his owner's side after died. The dog himself stayed there, at the graveside, until his own death 14 years later. 

We then paid our respects to people who's names were used in the Harry Potter books before heading to the Greyfriars Bobby pub that sits in front of it. The food was delicious, but you didn't get much by way of quantity. It's not bad for a drink, mind, but it is very small, so opt for a time when it's not so busy.


That really was the end of that day until the Sunday, which was the day of our seven year anniversary. That morning, we went for a lovely breakfast and then walked to the Scottish Museum where we spent most of the day. We then went back to the hotel, got changed and freshened up and went for dinner at Gustos in the heart of the city centre. That was closely followed by a reservation-only trip to the Johnnie Walker cocktail rooftop bar. It was such a wonderful experience and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes a tipple and who is travelling to Edinburgh for a city break.


We then went back to the hotel and watched some telly before getting a good night's sleep, ready for our long drive back home Monday morning. It took us around 5 and a half hours all in all, minus the time we took out for pit stops and loo breaks. So it wasn't a bad time to say we had come all the way from Scotland that same day. We had a really good time and I am counting the days till we can go back again!

Bonfire Night

I don't actually have any pictures from Bonfire Night, which is unusual because I normally do, but I think I was just having too much fun being in the moment to even think about documenting it all with a few pictures. But we actually had two bonfire nights this year. 

We celebrated one with Tom's side of the family and then another with my side of the family. Each one celebrated in a very similar way, with some good fireworks and delicious, warming food. It couldn't really have gone any better that weekend, and we really enjoyed spending that time with our families as well.

Celebrating my sister's birthday

This month we celebrated my sister's 24th birthday. We went to TGI Friday's for some dinner and we had a great time. We also had quite a few cocktails and we finished the night off with a slice of birthday cake, which was free, and a good old birthday sing song, in true TGI fashion. It was short but sweet and it made for a very chilled out night.

Having a girls' day out

This month, Tom had his first Stag Do with his friends and close family. Whilst the boys were out and about having fun, us girls decided to get together and do something nice while we waited. Firstly, we went out for some lunch at the local pub. We had pizza and some tapas-ey bits and bobs. 

We then went out for a walk with the dog, stopping off for a hot chocolate along the way before heading home and finishing the day off with some wine, Strictly Come Dancing and a good chin-wag. What more could you want for a chilled day? Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling very well at all, having a stinking cold for, pretty much, the entire weekend. But it didn't stop me from having a generally good time all round. 

My new knee-high boots

I have never been able to squeeze my calves into knee high boots before. But I found some from Marks and Spencer that are rigid right up until the very top. The very top of the boot has a stretchy panel in it, so instead of it being stretchy all the way along, it really is just that one piece, which is great because that's really where I need it. 

The story of my life with knee high boots is that I can get them zipped up most of the way, just not right at the tippy top, so when I saw that these had a panel in them I just knew that would fit, and that do! They're 100% leather and suede, so they'll last me a lifetime and they're super comfortable. I've been wearing them non-stop since I got them and I'm yet to get blisters. 

I can also wear them with super thick socks, which is even better. I think the high street and clothing brands have finally recognised that the vast majority of women can't get away with buying standard knee high boots and so many of them on the market these days have some form of stretch in them - finally!


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below what you've been loving throughout November and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts