A Review: Pomegranate Lip Balm by Burt's Bees

You know me. I am always on the lookout for a new lip balm to try and I feel like I have tried all of them under the sun, but then I realised that I had never actually tried the Burt's Bees range, even their classic lip product. So I thought it was about time I actually gave it a try to see what all of the fuss was about. Let me take you through everything I thought about it, and do still think about it, after a couple of months of using it!

Scent

Labelled as 'pomegranate', you'd think it would smell somewhat fruity. However, you'd actually be mistaken. It doesn't really smell of anything at all, other than, almost like, honey. Pomegranate, thinking about it, doesn't really smell like anything naturally. But the colour of the stick itself is actually the same colour as the lid, so it looks the part, but it doesn't smell the part.

Application

Being honest, it's not the easiest lip balm to apply, especially at first. No matter how many times you use it, however, it still doesn't really get that much easier to apply to the lips. It might take a few swipes over the lips to coat them properly, but once it's on, it's job done!

Durability

The product itself, once applied, actually lasts a really long time on the lips, and I don't feel the overwhelming urge to keep reapplying the product every hour or so. I have even worn it to the gym and it's remained in place the entire time. I actually feel like it works its way into the skin, moisturising it as it goes, rather than simply sitting on top of it. 

Results

So how does it make my lips feel in the end? It's actually leaves my lips feeling soft, smooth and nourished. The long it's left on, the better the results are. Where you don't need loads on, a good covering suffices, but it never leaves the lips wanting more, which is a good thing when it comes to a lip balm. It means it's actually doing its job: soothing, softening and moisturising.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below whether you've tried this lip balm or if I have persuaded you to give a go and I will see you again very soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts