A Timeless Leather Bag from Ted Baker


I bought this handbag a little while ago now. I bought it because I wanted a sleek black handbag that I could use for a night out, on my Hen Do. I thought this one was perfect. It was just the right size to put things in simply for a night on the town and it went perfectly with my shoes and the rest of my outfit. 

I also thought that it looked timeless. You could wear this in twenty years' time and still look just as smart and sophisticated as the day your first got it. As well as that. it's also made of leather, so I was hoping that it would wear and age gracefully. Let me tell you what I think to it after a few wears :)

Size

The size of the bag, although it looks small, is actually just the right size for everything you could possibly need whilst out for cocktails with your girlies. I can fit my phone, a compact, some lipstick and a card holder in it, which is, really, all you need when it comes to going out these days. 

Gone are the days of ramming your camera, your phone, some makeup for touch ups and a "compact" mirror that was actually the size of your hand. This does the job seamlessly. I also find that it doesn't get in the way and I can wear it across the body when needed, and it doesn't look out of place in the slightest.

Quality

The quality is what you'd expect from a brand like Ted Baker. It's 100% leather on the outside with a 100% cotton lining on the inside. It comes with a zip pocket and slip pocket on the inside, as well as a small slip pocket on the outside, at the back of the bag. 

The clasp at the front is a popper, but it's only released by pushing the button underneath, so it will never just pop open, in theory. Or at least it hasn't done that yet. Overall, the quality is lovely. The leather is smooth and soft, but the material also has a sheen to it. 

The strap seems sturdy enough, with a buckle to adjust the length of it. It also came with a dust bag, which I thought was nice. I wasn't expecting one because the description online said that a dust bag wasn't provided, so I as chuffed with that! 

I've used it several times since I first bought it and I am, so far, impressed with the quality of it. I had another bag that was leather that had actually worn after its first use, so I was dubious about going for something similar again. 

But as of right now, it hasn't actually done that yet, so we will see. I think the thing that put me off it, if anything, was the chain detailing on the strap, because that could easily rub on the leather, so watch this space! 

Generally, though, I am actually quite impressed with the quality of it, so much so that it wouldn't put me off buying another bag from Ted Baker again. But despite being sold on the brand, I still vow to look after this bag so that it stays in good condition for years to come.

Colour & hardware

I was actually on the hunt for a smart, good quality, leather bag that was black and looked timeless. I didn't want something with lots of detailing, or one that was a weird colour that would only go with a select few pieces. This looked classic and it was in the colour I was searching for. 

The colour is what it says on the tin: black. It's slightly shiny, but not quite patent, but it still looks and feels soft, but sturdy at the same time. The colour is just what I wanted. It's the very epitome of a black bag that can be used through the ages. 

The hardware is also classic. It's not too over the top, and the colour of the hardware, although it looks gold, isn't. It's like a muted gold colour. It's not quite silver and it's not quite gold, it sits somewhere in between. 

The hardware matched the etching on the front of the bag, as well as the metal on the zip that sits inside the bag. The quality of the hardware seems to be more than satisfactory. The chain strap is heavy and the popper clasp is sturdy, so I have no fear that it will come open on its own. 

You have to press the button on the clasp to open the bag flap, so it's not just hinging on a popper alone. It's a great colour with timeless hardware, and I'm looking forward to using it for a good few years to come.



***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below whether you have this bag already or if I've tempted to you to get one yourself and I will see you again very soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts