Everything I Loved in April


Another month in 2024 over already?! Why is time going so quickly? I think it's because, for us, March and April have been very busy and there are loads of adventures coming up for Tom and I over the next few weeks. But before we start talking about what we have planned in the future, let's take a look back at April...

Being married

We've been married for a month in April, so it's mad how quick that time has passed. When I think back on the day now, it seems like it was years ago, but in reality, it's only really been a few weeks. So far, despite only being married for a short time, I feel very content and fulfilled in life so far. It's like putting the last piece of the puzzle in, because I feel complete. What a great month it has been!

Seeing my mum on her birthday

This month, my mum celebrated a very special birthday and she invited us to go for dinner with her to celebrate. We went to a lovely Chinese restaurant and I feel like we ate everything on the menu. We each tried a little bit of everything, which was nice, but there was SO MUCH FOOD! 

But I wasn't complaining because we washed it all down with some Bollinger champagne - what a treat :) We then went back to my parents' house and had some birthday cake, chilled out for a bit and then Tom and I headed off home. What a great way to spend a Friday night with family.

Getting our wedding photos back

We got all of our wedding pictures back this month and we couldn't been happier with them. Not only did we get an online gallery to look at, but our photographer sent us a memory stick with all of the high-resolution pictures on, as well as a few prints for us to put in frames, which was nice. We also have our wedding album back now as well, so we're very happy on the wedding photos front.

Going to the driving range

I've been giving golf a bit of a try recently, going regularly with Tom, his friend and his friend's partner. I've actually quite enjoyed it. Despite only being able to hit the ball around 75 yards, it's something I'm committed to getting better at, and It's pretty fun as well. I'm not ready for the full 9 holes yet, but the driving range is fine, for now.

Spending a Saturday with my parents, my sister & their dog

One Saturday, we went out into our village with my mum, dad and sister. Tom came as well and so did Pip, their little black cockapoo. We went out to get some lunch and then we took a long walk around the countryside. 

The dog was loving all of the fields and even found a horse friend along the way, but she was on her lead and there was a large hedge between them both as well, so no animals were annoyed by each other, and both parties were safe! The weather was dry and sunny as well, which is rare these days, so we made the most of the outdoors :)

Shogun on Disney Plus

If you've not been watching Shogun on Disney+, I don't know where you've been or what you've been doing because it's absolutely brilliant. It's quite violent and you will be required to read Japanese subtitles 90% of the time, but it's so worth it. 

It's full of twists and turns with a little love story in between, but it's also action-packed! If you have Disney+ and are looking for something awesome to watch that's a bit different, then watch Shogun because you'll end up being just as obsessed with it as we are.

Enjoying a little date night

It's been a while since Tom and I went out on a little date, and it was the first time we actually went on a date as husband and wife. We visited a little Indian restaurant in our village because it never disappoints. The food and the service is second-to-none and we pretty much refuse to eat Indian food anywhere else, other than Dishoom in Birmingham, but that's another blog post ;) 

I went for a tandoori chicken shashlick with plain rice and Tom went for a jalfrezi with plain rice and a garlic naan. We also had samosas to start, with no pudding because we were stuffed. We went for a walk around the village and caught the most gorgeous sunset on the way back home - it rounded off the evening perfectly.


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below what you've loved throughout April and I will see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments