4 Things to Do with Leftover Red Wine

I know what you're thinking "who has leftover red wine?" It's a great question! It's not very often that I have leftover red wine in my house, but Tom doesn't drink it, so sometimes I do have some leftover red wine that's just not good enough for drinking any more. So what do I do with it to prevent waste? Well I'm going to tell you so that you can use up your leftover red wine as well!

1. Make some mulled wine

Perfect for the Christmas period, and even as we're entering the autumn season, using up leftover red wine by throwing it into a pan with some fruit and spices is a great way of making sure that bottle doesn't go to waste. Take a look at the mulled wine recipe I have here on my blog.

2. Cook up some amazing gravy

We've all had amazing gravy on our Sunday roasts or on our Christmas dinner, but what takes that gravy to the next level? Alcohol! Red wine can be added to beef stock to give it a delicious flavour that wouldn't be possible without it. Whether it be a splash or an entire glass, use up your leftover wine this way if you want to give your roast the edge.

3. Use it as a salad dressing

This sounds really odd, but you can mix it with balsamic vinegar to create a really tangy salad dressing that's different from the rest. You can add some spices to it as well if you so wish, but don't forget to give your salad leaves a good drizzle.

4. Freeze it into cubes so it can be added to stews & casseroles

It's not possible to keep an open bottle of wine for as long as you need it. It will start to go off and then it's good for nothing. Instead, freeze it while it's good so that you can just throw it into a stew or into beef stock for an amazing casserole. Not only does it keep the wine good, but it also makes cooking super convenient for you. 

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and that you found it useful? Let me know in the comments below if you have any tips for using up leftover red wine and I'll see you again very soon with some brand new content!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts