Everything I Loved in July

We haven't done a whole lot this month. Aside from a special birthday for my father-in-law, it's been relatively quiet. We spent the month running errands and ticking things off the to-do list for the house and garden. But nevertheless, they were all things that I enjoyed doing or experiencing, which is why I've added them to this month's list of things I've loved this month. So, let's get into it.

Adding new plants to the borders

We had pots up on the back border for a long time, and the longer I looked at them, the more I hated them there. It made our garden look cluttered and messy, mainly because the pots didn't even match. So, I moved the pots, took some of the them out of the pots and planted them in the ground, and I also bought some new ones for the border. Ever since I've done that, I just can't stop looking at our newly tidied and looked-after border, and it's something I loved doing throughout the month of July.

Natural nails

I'm going to do a separate blog post on these, like I do every time I get a new gel set, but it's something that I did in July and I loved them so much. The colour is perfect as I didn't want anything that was too 'out there' for the end of the summer weather. 

Giving blood

I gave blood this month for the 24th time. It sounds strange to say that it was an experience I loved this month, but it's more the feeling of knowing it will go to someone who needs it. I'm a NEO donor, so my blood will only go to poorly babies and those with autoimmune diseases. So it makes it even more special to know that my blood is relatively rare!

Gladioli

We have a big kitchen window. It's almost as wide as it is tall, so there's a lot of room to fill, which is why gladioli fits in perfectly with the whole aesthetic of the kitchen. I love gladioli because they're almost like a statement flower, but without the price tag. They also come in a range of colours and can be bought almost anywhere. I love how tall they are, so it's usually the first thing someone will see when they walk into the room and I've loved it throughout July. 


***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments