A Wintery Day Out | HG: Mocking Jay Part 2, Christmas Market & Dinner In A Box?

I left uni to head home on Friday afternoon, ready to spend the weekend with my family. It was lovely! We went to see the Pantomime in Nottingham, we've been every year since I was about 4, so we've been going now for about 16 years and I didn't want to miss it so I got the night off work so I could go :) It was fab, we saw Dick Wittington and it was hilarious, just the right amount of inside jokes for the adults, but still being able to keep the children entertained as well. It was a nice start to the festive season :)
Anyway, onto what we did on Saturday. We went to the cinema to see 'The Hunger Games: Mocking Jay Part 2'. It was a last minute decision, we just thought that because I love 'The Hunger Games' and read the books, we should go and see it together as a little family outing, otherwise, I doubt I'd have the time to see it when I'm back at uni. It was fantastic, the action had started pretty much from the very beginning, with a whole load of emotional twists and turns, they kept the momentum (nearly) to the end. I feel as though the ending could have been a bit more fast paced and not as drawn out as it was, but then again, I can see why the author wanted it that way, and the director is basing it on the books so couldn't really change it, but generally, the film was brilliant and I'm so glad I've seen it. There's hardly and blood guts or gore, so a 12 year old could watch it (hopefully) without being scared. The only bit I'd probably warn people about would be the scene with the creatures in the sewers. I will say no more. xD
Anyway, after that we had a little browse around the German Christmas market in Nottingham square. All the lights were on, the Christmas tree was up, the ice rink was ready to go, Christmas music was playing and you could smell the aroma festive foods being cooked on open flames. For me, it's the ultimate way to get in the Christmas spirit. I did take some photos, but it was incredibly busy. Also, I didn't take them with my Canon 1200D, I took them on my iPhone 6 as I didn't plan on going the Christmas market, otherwise, I probably would have brought it with me. I hope they're of a sufficient quality :)

You can just about see the carousel in the background there. I just love those candy canes! I want some on the front of my house xD So after doing a bit of Christmas shopping, we went in search of food. Eventually we stumbled across a place called 'Hoffs' where you basically order at the counter, and they bring the food to you. The only thing is, all the food is served in a brown box, which we were unsure about at first, but eventually warmed to the idea. It was delicious. I went for a Hoff Burger, my dad went for the same and my sister opted for the spag bol and Italian meatballs. It looked super yummy. I had sweet potato fries with mine, whereas dad just had normal chips.

I probably would go again as its just a quick and tasty meal at a relatively reasonable price. There wasn't anything I didn't like about the place to be honest, so I would recommend it :) Again, I took these photos on my iPhone 6.


We then went home as it was starting to rain...again. But after a few cups of hot chocolate, watching Love Actually and eating strawberries and cream (a little hint as to what I'll be doing as a Christmas post next month) we headed off to the super market, came back I wrote yet more festive posts in preparation for an exciting thing I'll be doing on here next month. If you love Christmas as much as I do, you're going to love it :)

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, I will be doing a much more exciting post for you on Wednesday so stay tuned for that :) See you soon!
__________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME








Comments

Popular Posts