My 21st Birthday Celebrations


I turned 21 on Monday! What a mile stone right? While I didn't do a massive amount of exciting things, what we did do was awesome, it was very relaxed and laid back and that's exactly what I wanted. Now, before you start asking, I won't be doing a post on what I got for my birthday, I may do a 'Top Present Picks' like I did last year, but I won't be showing you every single thing I was gifted as the post would probably take you a good few hours to read xD.

Anyway, I promised you a post about what I did, and here it is!

MORNING

I got up rather early in the morning, and when I say early, I mean half past nine, possibly ten. That's early for me anyway! My dad went out and got us a McDonalds breakfast which was lovely and then we went into town and did some shopping. I'll be doing a little 'haul' type post on Sunday for you so you can see what I've been buying :) I was also given a badge and some awesome but very big balloons! I love them though!


That takes us nicely into what I got up to in the afternoon.
 
AFTERNOON

We visited a place called 'Wollaton Park' or 'Wollaton Hall and Deer Park'. It's the same thing, people can call it different things. Batman was actually filmed here once! How cool is that? We had a walk up to the house, and had a good look around.
We then ventured out of the house, and made our way to the cafe where we got a couple of coffee's because it was a bit chilly actually. It was rather lovely in there, with some very lovely, spring flowers along the way :)


After out little pit stop, we made our way down to the lake, and I snapped some really cool photos of a male duck (a drake) and his wife, just toddling along the river bank! I reckon they thought we had food for them, but I don't think I've ever been so close to a duck and for that long! There was also a swan there that looked pretty interested in us. I was far too engrossed with taking photos of the ducks as I didn't take any of the actual lake which was annoying, but either way, I love them :)


We then made our way back to the car, as we had a table booked at a Chinese restaurant for 6pm, and time was getting on a bit. On our way back, I managed to snap some photos of the deer that live in the park!


After this, we had to head to home to get ready for dinner. My sister was at school all day so we also had to collect her to take her to dinner with us (obviously, we weren't going to leave her at home).

EVENING

We went to a restaurant called Mr Mann's. It's a 5 star Chinese restaurant, it's definitely not cheap, so it's great for those big birthdays, special anniversaries or other wonderful occasions you'd like to celebrate. You can have a set menu, or you can order lots of different sides which they put on a table turner in the middle, so you can just spin the table round to a dish you would like and help yourself. It really is a pretty fantastic idea! I didn't take loads of photos in there because it was a nice restaurant and I just wanted to enjoy myself without having to worry about taking loads of photos (as much as I love doing it). I have posted some photos below though :)
We just went home after that and sung me happy birthday and ate some cake!


This is really where the night should have ended, but it didn't. My brother, dad and I headed down to our local wetherspoons, and just drank cocktails. We had 4 pitchers between the three of us, not that's a lot of alcohol for one person xD. We had such a lovely time, it was so relaxed and we just chatted all night long! It was lovely. Here are some photos I posted to Facebook, so I'm sorry if the quality is bad!


When we got back, it was too late to toast, so we did that yesterday evening instead with some Asti (as I prefer it to Champagne).

I hope you enjoyed this post! I will be back soon with a haul and a 'My Three Top Present Picks'! So keep your eyes peeled for those over the next week or so! See you Sunday!
_______________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'An Update | New Hair & Turning 21' 

Comments

Popular Posts