My Recent Song Picks

 
Before we being...

I didn't post on Sunday as I was really busy pretty much all weekend, that and I left my lovely Canon 1200D at home and so had no means to take some great quality photos for the post I wanted to publish on Sunday, so, sorry about that! BUT I will be publishing a post this Friday to make up for missing Sunday, and of course, you'll get a post this Sunday as well! But for now, enjoy this one :)

This isn't something I've done on my blog before, but I thought it would be pretty fun to see what songs I have been downloading and have been listening to for the past few weeks. You know they're good when you can listen to them for that long without getting bored ;) 

Let me know if you have any of these downloaded on your play lists as well!

'ANGEL OF THE MORNING' - JUICE NEWTON

This song came out back in 1981, 14 years before I was even born, but if you've seen Deadpool, you'll be aware that this song plays at the beginning during the opening credits. There's something about this song that really gets me, its a song you can belt out without a care, regardless of how good or bad your singing voice is. I'd happily sing this on a karaoke night and feel no shame whatsoever. Give it a listen and let me know what you think :)


'ESCAPE' - RUPERT HOLMES

This song can go by 'the Pina Colada song', so that's a big give away for you ;) but I won't lie to you, I know all the words to this whole song and I don't mind sharing that with you ONE BIT. You can't listen to this song and not sing along to at least the chorus! Give it a listen!


'7 YEARS' - LUKAS GRAHAM

 My sister actually got me hooked on this song, unlike the previous two songs I've discussed, this one is pretty recent and is still in the charts. I'm sure you've heard it on the radio at some point, but I really do love it, there's something about it that pulls at the heart strings slightly. There really isn't anything not to love! Tell me what you think?


 'WHEN WE WERE YOUNG' - ADELE

Like '7 years', this is a very recent addition to Adele's extensive list of successful songs, and it isn't heard to see why. Everything in this song, very the lyrics to the varying melody, is simply superb, a work of absolute genius. If you're not a fan of Adele, that's fine, but at least see if this song sways your opinion of her somewhat. This song is fantastic. If you enjoyed 'Hello', have a listen of this one. granted, they're not similar really, but the depth and the feeling in Adele's voice is completely genuine in both cases. It would be a shame for you to miss out on hearing this beautiful song. 


'SUDDENLY SEYMOUR' - LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS

I'm not going to limit this list to songs which have been in the charts. This one is from one of my all time favourite musicals ('The Rocky Horror Picture Show' is number one, with 'Les Mis' coming in third). I also happen to think its an extremely underrated musical. If you have a chance to watch it, please do because its a masterpiece. Granted, it looks a bit silly, but the songs are cleverly written, and in my opinion, the guys that did all the work for the music are complete geniuses. Not to mention Ellen Greene (who plays Audrey) who is a phenomenal singer and actress, she plays the part beautifully. If you don't watch it for the story line, watch it for the songs because they're so unique and are works of art in my opinion. This song is no different and it has to be my favourite one out of the whole film. If you've seen LSH, please do let me know in the comment section :)


So that's it guys! Let me know what songs you've been loving recently and I may give them a listen! See you Friday!
_________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME
Twitter
Instagram
Google +
Pinterest 

Comments

Popular Posts