Naughty Purchases of the Month | Dior & Lancôme


I had been contemplating buying these items for a while, but then Christmas time rolled around and I finished shopping for everyone else, so I decided to bite the bullet and treat myself to a few bits and pieces. But when you buy luxury makeup products, they always come in pristine condition and they look absolutely beautiful. With that in mind, I wanted to blog about them, that and I can look back at this post when each of these items have been used up and remember how beautifully they came. 

Dior 'Backstage Glow Face' Palette

I had been on the lookout for a more luxury branded complexion palette, and this had great reviews online. They have two different shades - this one and a darker one. Having pale skin meant I (obviously) went for the lighter colours, and upon first impression, I think I made the perfect choice. I haven't swatched any of these for you yet, as I'd like to use them first, then perhaps do a follow-up post all about them (complete with swatches, of course).

This palette comes with a blusher, a bronzer, a highlighter and a lighter, more shimmery shade for down the nose and perhaps even the inner corners of my eyes to enhance any eyeshadow I have on. As it came with a relatively hefty price tag, I won't be using it on an everyday basis. Instead, I'll be saving it for weekends and special occasions. The only thing I'm slightly disappointed with (considering the price), is the packaging, and also the fact that it doesn't come with a mirror - but then I knew that before I made my purchase, so I can't really complain, right?

Lancome L'absolu Rouge Ruby Cream - Rosewood

If you follow my blog on a regular basis, you'll know that I recently made a YSL purchase in the form of a beautifully natural, completely moisturising lipstick (if you missed it, you can read the post here). I think I now have a bit of a yearning for luxury lipstick, as you've no doubt guessed. I've always wanted a Lancome lipstick, so I jumped at the chance to (finally) purchase one in a colour that is absolutely perfect for this time of year.

I also love the packaging. It doesn't open like a normal lipstick. Instead, you have to press a button the top which pops the bottom out and you release the lipstick that way - something which I have never come across before. Its innovative, high-quality packaging just adds to the luxury, making it one of my favourite cosmetics purchases of all time.

Also, the stick itself is absolutely beautiful, chiselled in a way I have never seen before, complete with precise engraved branding carved into the side. It also smells incredible, so you'll always enjoy applying it to the lips.

Once I've worn it out a few times, I'll do a follow-up review, detailing its staying power etc. So let me know if that's something you'd be interested in!


***

Have you made any naughty purchases recently? If so, what did you buy? Let me know in the comments below or via my social media links! I will see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

Merry Christmas!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. Good post. I learn something totally new and
    challenging on blogs I stumbleupon everyday. It's always helpful to read through articles from other
    authors and practice a little something from their web sites.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts