Products I'm Using on the Run Up to Christmas


Christmas is my favourite time of the year, and I always like to look my best throughout the party season. So, here are a few products I've thoroughly enjoyed using this month. From high end to high street makeup brands, there's something in here for everyone!

Rimmel 'Lasting Matte' Concealer

I never thought I'd be able to replace my trusty Collection concealer, but when that ran out, I needed a new one ASAP and this is the one I chose, on a whim no less. Apart from shade and volume of product, I don't think there's much of a difference between this concealer and Collection's alternative. The price tags are also pretty similar. I'll definitely be repurchasing this when the time comes.



L'Oreal 'True Match' Foundation

I don't think I've ever enjoyed applying a foundation more than this one. It's perfect for this time of year as well. With a dewy look but durable properties, it stands in all weather and still looks great by the end of the working day. This doesn't just lend itself to everyday wear either, as it can also be counted upon for a night on the town. Get your party gear on and rock up to your Christmas do with a flawless layer of foundation courtesy of L'Oreal.



Urban Decay 'Back Talk' Blusher - 'Double Take'

I got this palette for Christmas last year (see what else I got here), and I must say, I've really enjoyed using it. When it initially came on the scene, people were disappointed by how sheer the eyeshadows were, a far cry from its 'Naked' counterparts. However, I didn't find this when I started using the eyeshadows. Although I used them a lot in the summer, I didn't find myself reaching for the same shades on the run up to Christmas. I'll show you what I've been using instead, later.

Anyway, I wanted to mention the blusher that same with this palette as I think it's beautiful. As you can see, I've hit pan on it already, that's how much I love it! It's the perfect colour for this time of year, being warm but rosy, almost like coming in from outside on a cold, blustery day. It also has immense staying power, something I'm not surprised about seeing as it's an Urban Decay product.



Rimmel 'Natural' Bronzer - 'Sun Bronze'

This is the perfect shade of brown for my skin tone. Without being too orange or muddy, the tone is just right and incredibly easy to blend. So overall, for a relatively cheap bronzer, I wouldn't complain. Of course, I've been using it for contouring, so a matte shade was always going to be more suitable, but I may have to check out the more shimmery range for when the summer rolls around, as I think they'd look beautiful.



Revolution 'Peach Lights' Highlighter

I have never received more compliments on a highlighter than I have wearing this one, with many asking me where I got it from or who made it. The annoying this is, you can no longer buy this in stores, you'll have to buy it online if you'd like to give this a go, that's if it's still available. I'll struggle to find another highlighter like this one, and the thought of it running out makes me pretty sad. I do have more high end highlighters, such as MAC and Urban Decay (of course), but for everyday use, I'd like something a little cheaper. If you have any recommendations for me, let me know in the comments!



Urban Decay 'Naked Heat' Eyeshadow

For a slightly warmer look this season, I've been using Urban Decay's 'Heat' eyeshadow palette (read more about it in detail here). I tend to use two different shades, a matte shadow and a shimmery shadow for the crease. All of the shades in this palette blend seamlessly together to create a flawless eyeshadow creation, each one perfect for a day-night makeup look. 

They're super easy to apply and blend, and they're all incredibly pigmented, so take care not to pick up too much on the brush. I also find that these tones will allow me to wear bright red lipstick and not look too OTT, so everyone's a winner come Christmas and New Year this this eyeshadow look.



Lancome Hypnose Mascara

I have been using and repurchasing this mascara for years. You can read all about it (along with others in the LancĂ´me range) here. I always find Christmas is a time for a bit of luxury, and I try to incorporate that into the makeup I use around this time of year, especially if I'm going to a party, for example. While this isn't what I'd use on a daily basis, it gives fantastic results every single time and doesn't budge, despite not being waterproof - how amazing is that?



YSL 'Rouge Volupte Shine' Lip Colour - 'Nude in Private'

I've recently done a blog post all about this, so you can see what it looked like brand new here. But I'm so impressed with this lipstick. When it comes to lip products, I'm a huge believer in 'you get what you pay for' and that's certainly the case here. It's incredibly moisturising, adding just the right amount of colour to the lips without looking or feeling ridiculous. I can see this lasting me a long time, even with regular use.



***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Let me know what you've been using on the run up to Christmas either in the comments below or via my social media links. I will see you again really soon with another post for you!

Merry Christmas!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. I have would love to use the Rimmel concealer. So many people recommended that one to me but it is the way too dark for me. That’s my biggest struggle with so many of the drugstore concealers. Anyway, that mascara is amazing, Lancome is one of my favourite brands of all time ☺️ It’s a shame that the highlighter is not available anymore. I usually use high end highlighters such as Fenty or Shiseido but I actually really liked a highlighter(called “the highlighter” from Essence which was a major surprise for me considering it costs like £3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts