Breakfast in the Sky at the Genting Hotel


When we went to the BBC Good Food Show this year (which I blogged and that you can read all about here), we stayed at the Genting Hotel in Resorts World Birmingham. We decided to add breakfast to our hotel room booking, and I must say, it was absolutely delicious!

Known as the 'Sky Bar', it turns into a chic, beautifully lavish bar (obviously) where you can sit on plush, royal blue sofas enclosed inside cosy booths with gold accents. From there, you can look out across the lake and view the arena and the NEC at night, something you don't normally get to see from that height.

In the morning, a beautiful breakfast is put on for hotel guests only. You have to wait to be seated, where someone will then come over and ask if you'd prefer to have tea or coffee with your food. Of course, we went for coffee (we're not tea drinkers), and then you can go up and get your food.

Now the difference here was that you could order breakfast from the menu, so I went for Eggs Benedict as opposed to a cooked breakfast from the hot buffet. However, I cannot resist a sausage and a hash brown, so boyfie brought me one of each to go on the side.

Needless to say, the extra bits were not a good idea. I found myself struggling to eat it all, so I think it was safe to say that I was full up for the rest of the day, so much so, I didn't eat again until about 8pm, and even then it was a snack.

Tom went for a cooked breakfast and opted for a couple of fresh croissants with honey for afters. Of course, they had a continental section, complete with an array of cheeses, cold meats, cereals, fruit, yogurt and baked goods - right down to mini cinnamon rolls and pain au chocolats.

After we'd eaten, we went for a short walk around the balcony, giving us a clear view of the lake, Resorts World arena and the NEC on a crisp, sunny winter morning. The hotel itself was also beautiful, with perfectly soft bed sheets and a sleek, contemporary walk-in shower. It was an absolute pleasure staying there - something I don't often say about hotels. So much so, I was a little sad that we were only staying there for one night!

The views from the balcony...



***

Have you ever stayed in a Genting hotel? Have you stayed in this one specifically? Did you even know there was a hotel in the Resorts World shopping centre? Let me know in the comments below or via my social media links. I will see you again really soon with another post for you all.

Merry Christmas!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts