Things I'm Loving Right Now


It's been a while since I've done one of these, so I thought I'd gather up everything I'm loving right now! From jewellery to makeup brushes, there's something here for everyone. Let me know if you've also been loving the same items in the comment section below, or if you have any recommendations for me. I love hearing your suggestions, so keep em' coming :) Without further ado, let's get on with it!

NARS (Matte) Bronzer (Laguna)

I never thought I'd give in to a high-end matte bronzer, especially as I'd only be using it for contouring. But I finally took the plunge, based on reviews and recommendations, and invested in a more luxury makeup brand. When I Googled 'the best high-end bronzers' this one repeatedly kept cropping up, so I made a decision based on that, really.

I'm so glad I went for it because I've never known a bronzer like it. It's so easy to both apply and blend, but it's also extrmeely pigmented, so you only need small amount to get the desired look - great for making the product go further, especially seeing as it comes with a hefty price tag.

I use a Real Techniques contour brush, together with a kabuki brush (featured in this post as well) in order to achieve the contour I was looking for. Once blended, it lasts for hours on the skin, so you'll always be able to count on NARS Laguna bronzer to bring your contour from day to night. If you'd like to see my first impressions of the product, visit this blog post.


Pandora 'Moments' Heart Clasp Snake Chain Bracelet

The bracelet I had (which was given to me as a birthday present when I was 17) is now full, so naturally, I bought a new bracelet to add special charms to. I don't have any charms on it right now as I usually wait for something positive and significant to happen in my life before, almost documenting it, in the form of a charm. However, the rose gold clasp makes it immediately more eye catching, almost like it's a charm in itself.

I just love how dainty this bracelet is, I'm loving wearing without anything on it at the moment because it's so simple, yet effective! Also, the two tone nature of it makes it so easy to wear with my Daniel Wellington rose gold watch, so the two really do complement each other should I choose to wear them at the same time or on the same wrist.

This bracelet is slightly more expensive than the more basic, all-silver bracelet, but it's so worth it if you're looking for something a little different when it comes to affordable Pandora jewellery.


Sanctuary Spa 'Dream Easy' Pillow Spray

I've always been a bit dubious about sleep and pillow sprays, until I tried this one! It smells beautiful and really does help me to relax before getting some shut eye. Not only that, but it makes your bed sheets smell incredible as well, so whenever you walk past the bed you get a whiff of something delicious. I can't even describe to you what it smells like as I don't think words would do it justice. If you see this when you're out and about, give it a sniff (if you're allowed to), and I guarantee you'll love the scent.


Laritzy Liquid Lipstick (Tidal)

I love a good liquid lipstick as much as the next person, but this one is something else! I received it in a Birchbox one month, and honestly, I've been using it virtually everyday recently. It's such a beautiful, everyday colour that can be easily taken from day to night regardless of the occasion. To top it all off, it's also very affordable so you can get your hands on one no matter what your budget is.

It's very durable and virtually smudge-proof, if this is something you look for in a lipstick. Unlike some liquid lipsticks, this one dries extremely quickly following its application, giving you flawless matte lips in no time at all! I enjoy using this one so much that I've even been tempted to invest in a few other shades, provided the formulas are basically the same.


LOC Liquid 'Shimmer Shadow' (Moonlight)

Like the liquid lipstick, this is also a product I received in a Birchbox. I've never bothered with liquid eyeshadow before, but I was in a rush one day to sweep something over my eyelid when this caught my eye. It's basically a shimmery brown shade, so great for a subtle, everyday look. The applicator is basically the same as the liquid lipstick applicator, so I dab it a couple of times over the eye and then blend it all in using my ring finger.

The reason why I've never really bothered with liquid eyeshadow is because they usually get bad press regarding staying power and all round durability, so I stayed open minded while giving this one a spin and I'm so glad that I was! Not only is it very long-wearing, but its so quick and easy to blend and again, you could go from a day in the office to a night on the town with this shade.

LOC is actually owned by Birchbox, so hop onto their website for a full version (which I will be doing when this runs out), or simply take a gander at the other colours on offer - trust me, it'll be hard for you to just settle on one shade, haha!


DUcare 'Flat Top' Kabuki Makeup Brush

I bought this specifically to blend out the NARS matte Laguna bronzer, also featured in this blog post, and I can't tell you how pleased I am with it. It's super affordable and so far, even after regular use, I haven't had any bristles fall out - always a positive when it comes to makeup brushes, right?

It blends the bronzer effortlessly into the skin to give a flawless finish every single time. I only really use this brush to blend out a contour, so if you're looking for a great brush that will give you excellent contouring results, then definitely give this a go! For the price, it's definitely a brush worth having in your collection :)


Estee Lauder 'Double Wear' Eyeliner 

I've been raving about this eyeliner since I got it, and for good reason. The problem I have when it comes to eyeliner is having it transfer to the hood of my eye, especially in the summer months when everything gets a little more hot and sticky. 

I even went without wearing eyeliner for a time because I just couldn't be bothered to keep reapplying eyeliner after it left a definitive black smudge under my brow bone - leaving me looking like a chimney sweep, basically. So when I saw that this one claimed to be waterproof, I read the reviews (which backed up the claim) and before I knew it, I was clicking 'Pay Now' at the checkout :)

It is, hands down, the BEST eyeliner I have ever used when it comes to durability. I have never had an issue with this product smudging under the eye or transferring to the hood of the eye and I can't quite believe that I have found a product like it! I have 99 problems, but my eyeliner ain't one, haha.



***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Let me know what you've been loving recently by leaving me a comment below, or get in touch with me via my social networking platforms. I will see you again really soon with a brand new blog post for you :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts