A 'Normal' Post-Lockdown Trip to Calke Abbey


As lockdown eased, we took the opportunity to travel to the wonderful Calke Abbey. My boyfriend and I have been here before (which was also documented here on my blog - view the post), but we we didn't walk too far into the grounds of the park. As it's owned by the National Trust, there are plenty of walking trails that you can embark upon, so that's what we did the first time. This trip, however, was more to look around the gardens as opposed to walking miles through the countryside.

Seeing as the gardens were so beautiful, I thought I'd take a few pictures to show you what you can expect at this time of year when you visit Calke Abbey. Let me know if you've been here before together with what you thought. Due to Coronavirus, we couldn't actually enter the house so that was a shame, but it would be good to go back to experience that at least.

The cafe, gift shop and toilets were open, although you had to follow strict rules when it came to queuing and washing your hands. There were hand sanitiser stations everywhere and you were required to wash your hands before entering anywhere indoors. But overall, the experience was lovely and not at all hindered by new regulations (if that was something you were worried about). Right, shall we get into it then? I hope you enjoy :)


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Do you enjoy visiting National Trust parks as much as we do? Let me know where you've been recently and I'll be sure to give them a cheeky visit! I'll see you soon with a brand new blog post for you :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts