The Pantene Hair Duo I Swear By

For years, I've been using the L'Oreal Elvive Thickening shampoo and conditioner and I've sworn by it for a long time, until recently. It's not because I'm unhappy with the results or because the formula has changed, it's simply because I fancied trying something new. So when I came across this range in Boots, I thought I'd give them a try. I guess, you're here for my verdict, eh? Well, here goes...

Pantene 'Miracles' Lift & Volume, Silicone-Free Shampoo with Biotin

I was more nervous about seeing how this would make my hair look and feel than I was about the conditioner, to be honest. As I've said, I'm not really one to deviate from works well for me and that was the L'Oreal range. I wasn't really expecting this product to be as good as that, but I was actually pleasantly surprised and even quite impressed.

I even noticed a difference washing it into and out of my hair. It lathered up really nicely and you don't need much at all in order to get the results you want. But washing it out is an absolute breeze - something I haven't really found with other shampoos before. Once it was all gone and I ran my fingers through my freshly-washed, wet hair, it almost squeaked with cleanliness, haha.

I blow dry my hair after I've washed it, because it's quite short and I have a side parting, so I like to style it dry, if that makes sense? I find it falls oddly and it never does what I want it to do if I let it air-dry. Also, the weight of the wet hair can make it dry quite flat to my head, which I really don't like, so blow drying it mitigates that issue :)

Once it's dry, it feels very light and smooth, but also voluminous which I LOVE. I'm not sure if it gives quite the same amount of volume as the L'Oreal alternative, but the results were still pretty good, so I would definitely buy this shampoo again. It makes me want to try some other products in the same range, so watch this space because I might well give some other shampoos a go.


Pantene 'Miracles' Lift & Volume Silicone-Free Conditioner with Biotin

I'm not really one to be bothered about the type of conditioner I use on my hair, but I thought I'd match the shampoo with this conditioner, seeing as I'd run out of both, at the same time, prior to buying these! But having used the corresponding conditioner with the shampoo, I'm actually sold! I think it definitely adds to the sleek and soft feeling I get once it's been blow dried. 

It feels just as you'd expect when you apply any other conditioner, so it's not ground-breaking but it feels luxurious whilst being rinsed out again. Overall, I'm impressed because it doesn't actually need to spend that much time in the hair in order to give you the results that you want. I usually leave it in for a couple of minutes and then wash it out, so it's ideal if you're in more of a rush or don't have the time to deep condition (which I do once a week).

In summary, it's a great conditioner and a wonderful duo all round. I'd be more than willing to continue buying both of these products over the L'Oreal range, but I think I prefer the smell of the L'Oreal alternatives, but that's just because I'm not the biggest fan of the rose scent. 

Also, my hair can go about three or four days without another wash, so it really does cleanse and nourish the hair thoroughly for long-lasting, impressive results!


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Let me know if you've used these products before, together with what you thought of them. I'll see you again really soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts