How to Look After A Poinsettia


Poinsettias are the epitome of Christmas and festiveness. I cannot celebrate the Christmas season without having a poinsettia in the house. However, sometimes I end up buying more than one, because the first one I buy doesn't quite go the distance in terms of hanging on until the New Year. 

Granted, I might buy them a little too early in the season, but it got me thinking that maybe I'm actually doing something wrong by way of its care. So this year, I actually did some research on how to take care of a poinsettia, so I thought I'd share with you everything I have been doing to try and get the most out of my poinsettia.

  • Don't place it by any doors or windows
  • Water only when the compost is dry
  • Spray the leaves periodically to maximise humidity
  • Keep it away from direct sunlight
  • Make sure it remains a steady temperature, between 13-15 degrees Celsius
  • Remove any leaves or flowers that die or drop off along the way 
***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below whether or not you have a poinsettia every Christmas and how you like to look after them and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts