Everything I Loved in December


And with that, 2023 has come to end. I publish this New Year's Eve, and with 2024 just around the corner, we welcome in a new and exciting year for us, personally. 2024 is the year we get married and I cannot wait. But before we look to the future, let's take a look back at everything I loved throughout the last month of 2023 and throughout the Christmas period. Don't forget to tell me what you've loved in the comments below :)

Spending Christmas with the family

When I say Christmas with the family, I really mean the entirety of the Christmas period. We have spent so many weeks in the presence of our loved ones and that's really what Christmas is all about, from wine and cheese nights and pantomimes to garden centre trips and spending Christmas Day with everyone, it's the season to spend with family and friends and I just felt so lucky and grateful to have those people in my life. I can't pinpoint just one thing that stood out from the entire month, because every meeting and day spent together was just as special as other get togethers. So I'm lumping all of those times together into one big sloppy thing I loved in December.

The annual Christmas panto

I wrote a blog post all about the Christmas panto this year so you can read about it in more detail over there if you like. But in a nutshell, it was such a scream, filled with laughter and adult jokes as well as the cheese and bravado you'd come to expect from a traditional Christmas pantomime. You'll still be able to buy tickets to it because it ends in January. So if you're in and around Nottingham any time soon, go and hit up The Nottingham Playhouse for some giggles.

My new white jumper

You might have seen me posting about this white jumper earlier on in the month, but if you missed it, you can read that here. It's from Marks and Spencer and it's the cosiest, softest, comfiest jumper I think I own. It was so tempting to go back and buy it in multiple different colours, so watch this space for some more variants, haha. 

There's more info over on that blog post, together with a link to buy it yourself, but it's just a staple around the Christmas period, especially considering it's white, like snow, haha. I couldn't recommend it enough. It's the perfect oversized white jumper and for a reasonable price as well. I haven't been able to get enough of it this month.

Our home during the festive period

I love our house, no matter the time of year, especially as we continue to do more and more to it to make it feel more like a home and less like a fixer-upper house. But this year has felt different in terms of festiveness. I found myself just wanting to be at home all the time, to enjoy the cosiness and the Christmas decorations we have, and the tree as well. Let me leave you with some photos of our how our home looked this year :)


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments what you loved throughout December and over Christmas and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts