10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week

I know I said a while ago that I would make this a monthly, or even a weekly addition to my blog, but I decided to just do a '10 Things That Made Me Happy This Week' as and when I feel like writing one :) Hope that's ok!
Anyway, there have been a lot of things that have made me happy this week, so picking just 10 things was quite the task, but I managed to whittle it down to just 10 things. Let me know in the comments what made you happy this week, whether that was one thing, or twenty things, I would love to know :)
1) I HAVE A TIDY BEDROOM
I know that this might not be a big deal to a lot of people, but I'm the kind of person that has piles of 'organised' mess, and some days it won't bother me, but other days it annoys the heck out of me, Tuesday was one of those days, so I spent most of the day sorting and organising and packing things up for the charity shop. I also wiped all the surfaces (in my room) clean, hovered the floor and my nice rugs, and changed my bedding, so I was feeling very productive that day obviously xD
2) I CAUGHT A SPIDER
Again, this (to most people) wouldn't have been a big deal, but for me (someone who is petrified of even the smallest spiders) this was a massive step for me! Usually I would call my Dad or my Mum or my Brother to come and rescue me, but I didn't, and I was actually rather surprised at how calm I was. I have a bug catcher which I used, but considering the spider was running pretty fast and nearly went behind my chest of drawers, I did well to catch it and close the lid. I didn't want to kill it, so I let it outside instead! I still haven't mastered the big spiders yet, and to be honest, I don't think I'm mentally ready either xD. Also, the spider I caught had been camping in my room for about 2 weeks so I was so happy it finally emerged so I could remove it from my bedroom :)
3) I PUT AN OUTIFT TOGETHER FOR MY FRIEND'S HEN PARTY
So my friend is getting married in September and has a hen party planned for this Saturday and I had no idea what to wear, so last night I pulled out a few clothing combinations, tried them all on with different heels and handbags and I now have an outfit I'm happy with, I won't tell you what I chose as my friend might read this ;)
4) I GOT RID OF MY A LEVEL PAPERWORK
Like many A Level students, I had piles and piles of paperwork and revision notes, 2 years worth of paper and post it notes, now that my A Levels are finished, I managed to recycle all of my old college stuff that was gathering dust under my bed. I kept the revision from the first year in case I needed to refer to it in the second year, hence why I had two years worth of the stuff. Now there's a nice space under my bed and I no longer have folders and textbooks dominating my book shelf! What a relief.
5) MEETING A FRIEND FOR COFFEE
One of my favourite things to do is catch up with my friends, this week I met my friend Sophie for a coffee (not the friend who is getting married), we spent ages just chatting about anything and everything and it was lovely! I had so much fun, we even did a spot of shopping afterwards :)
6) I BOOKED AN APPOINTMENT TO GIVE BLOOD
So far, I have donated blood five times (since August 2013), tomorrow (Monday 27th) will by my sixth time giving blood. Although its not the most pleasant experience in the world, it is the most rewarding. 1 Pint of blood can save up to three lives, which is insane, so as of tomorrow lunch time, I would have saved 18 lives, how insane is that? It makes me so proud that I can say that, its one of the most selfless things someone can do, especially if donating your organs doesn't look like a possibility.
If you're looking to give blood yourself but aren't sure how to go about it, I wrote a post a while ago all about which I will leave here.
7) HAVING GOLDEN GRAHAMS FOR BREAKFAST
I haven't had Golden Grahams since I was a kid, my parents would never let us have them though because they didn't think they were healthy enough (which I can understand) so they became a treat when we would go and visit my grandparents who reside in Surrey (close to London), but because we live in the East Midlands (about three-four hours away), we didn't get to see much of grandparents, and we still don't, which meant Golden Grahams were an even rarer event, so when I had them for breakfast (without the milk because I'm weird like that xD), it instantly brought me back to being a kid and it also reminded me of the time I spent with my grandparents, which is even more precious as my dear granddad passed away in April 2012. Its funny how something as simple as a cereal can bring back so many happy memories :)
8) MY BROTHER TAKING ME FOR A DRIVE
About 3 weeks ago, we got a new car, we have two cars, our family car and a small Vauxhall Corsa which is pretty amazing. My mum works with the district nursing team so we mainly got it for my Mum to drive. Before the Corsa we had a tiny Hyundai which was a good ten years old as a second hand car, so its nice to have a brand new instead :)
Anyway, my brother passed his driving test a couple of months ago and now he's insured to drive the Corsa, so when I finished work on Thursday night to find my brother parked outside ready to take me home, I was pretty excited but also a little bit nervous as I hadn't experienced my brother's driving before, but he is actually a very good, safe and cautious driver. So that made me very happy :)
9) GOING FOR A DAY TRIP OUT TO LEICESTER
I went to Leicester on Thursday with my Mum and my Sister to just spend some time in the city centre. As of September I will be living there as a student so I wanted to get to know the city more. We travelled down on the train and it was a lovely sunny day. I didn't take many photos, in fact I only took three, but three is better than none right? ;) (these photos weren't taken on my Canon 1200D, so I apologise for the quality)


My sister in front of Leicester Cathedral.


Round the back of Leicester Cathedral.
10) I PLANNED ALL MY BLOG POSTS UP TO THE END OF AUGUST
Yes, its a little obsessive, but I frequently get bloggers block, which isn't a bad thing, I often look around other blogs for inspiration or do some research on YouTube, so much so I have a tiny notebook dedicated to blog post ideas. Once I get started on ideas, I can't stop, which is good, because when I have a bloggers block week, I can just flick through my notebook and choose a post.
I have actually written some already (as I'm going away and won't have access to the internet), so I have those scheduled to go live while I'm away. I have a few drafts already to be scheduled, so hopefully you should get a post twice a week, as promised, and none of them will be late :)
I hope you enjoyed this post.
-What made you happy this week?
-Did you make anyone else happy this week?
Let me know in the comment section or via one of my social media platforms (links below or in the side bar).
See you next time guys :)
________________________________________________________________
WHERE TO FIND ME
PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'How To | Creamy Avocado Pasta'


Comments

Popular Posts