How To | Sausage & Vegetable Roast

I'm not going to take credit for this dish as its one of Mary Berry's, but I wanted to share it with you because its such a quick and easy meal to make for the entire family. If you're vegetarian, you could use Quorn sausages instead :)
I'm going to reiterate the fact that this isn't my recipe. I hope you give it a try, if you do, I'd love to see your dishes on Instagram, tag me @heartbritishthings :)
Lets begin...
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Time to Cook: 45 minutes - 1 hour
Serves: 5-7
INGREDIENTS
2 red onions
4 peppers
2 garlic cloves
3 tbsp olive oil
12-15 sausages (defrosted)
1 large potato OR 500g new potatoes (halved)
1 large sweet potato (or 2-3 small ones)
4 large carrots
1 courgette (optional)
A pinch of salt and pepper
STEP 1: CUT THE VEG & PREHEAT THE OVEN
Firstly, preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7 (220 degrees C/220 degrees fan).
Cut all the vegetables, you can cut them up how you want, but I do recommend you cut the onions into wedges instead of slices or slithers as they'll roast a lot more nicely and they shouldn't fall apart or get soggy.
STEP 2: PUT ALL THE VEG IN A FREEZER BAG
I know how bonkers this sounds, but trust me ;). Place all the prepped vegetables into a sealable freezer bag, and put in 2 tbsps of olive oil. Seal the bag and shake it so that all the vegetables are thinly coated and tip into a dish suitable to be placed in an oven and spread them around evenly.
STEP 3: PREPPING THE SAUSAGES
If you only have frozen sausages, don't worry, you can defrost them in the microwave. Poke all the sausages once with a fork and put them in the freezer bag you used to put the veg in. Take 1 more tbsp of olive oil, seal the bag and shake it so the sausages are coated in olive oil as well. Take them out of the bag and place them on top of the vegetables. Then put the dish in the oven and wait approximately 20-25 minutes (or until the sausages have browned on top).
STEP 4: TURN THE SAUSAGES
After about 25 minutes, take the dish out and turn the sausages over to the still raw side so that they too can cook nicely, then put the dish back in the oven.
STEP 5: ENJOY
Take the dish out of the oven and leave to cool for around 5 minutes, then serve up and tuck in :)


I hope you enjoyed reading this Sunday's post as much as I enjoyed making it? I'll see you Wednesday with a brand new post for you all :) Until then guys...
____________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'Armed Forces Weekend'



Comments

Popular Posts