The Palette Keeping Me Glowing


You might remember some time ago, I introduced a new complexion palette to my makeup collection - the Dior Backstage Glow Face. If you'd like to read about my first impressions, or how it looked before I got my hands on it, then take a gander at the original blog post here. This week, however, I'm detailing exactly why you need this palette in your life, particularly in preparation for the summer...or for whenever we're allowed out of the house again - whichever comes first, haha!


The blusher is quite light, yet shimmery. So, you won't really need to use the highlighter on the cheek bones if you either: 1. don't have the time, or 2. can't really be bothered. It really is beautiful, so much so that many people have told me that it looks as though it's glittering in the sunshine! Basically, if you're on the lookout for a high-end matte blusher, then this won't be the one for you. Although, if you'd prefer more of a sheen on your cheeks this spring/summer, then this palette contains the perfect blusher to help you achieve that!


The bronzer, although shimmery, I will still use to contour with. I find that matte finishes don't necessarily mean a more polished contour. I find that this bronzer flawlessly complements the blusher, providing even more of a sheen, yet injecting a bit of colour into the face as well. Yes, the blusher adds colour, almost like when you've come inside on a cold winters day, but the bronzer turns that look into a more tanned, warm ensemble.


The highlighter in this palette is the perfect shade and it's incredibly pigmented, so essentially you'll only need a very small amount on a fan brush to achieve the desired look. Where the blusher already has a sheen to it, and doesn't necessarily need to be paired with a highlighter, I find the look is incomplete without it, personally.


This shade is perfect for the inner corners of the eye and also the brow bone. Much like the highlighter, you really don't need much of this in order to to enhance the look. This will usually be the last product I use, enabling me to achieve the ultimate glow - but not too glowy like I've been to a tanning salon or had Tinkerbell's magic fairy dust sprinkled all over my face. Picking up and applying just the right amount of this stuff is key to the finished look.


This palette is incredibly versatile, so much so, I can pack this for a long trip away and know that it has my every complexion need covered, and all in a very sleek, compact little makeup palette. It takes up minimal space in makeup bag, giving me more room for other, more bulky items like foundation bottles or my more chunky Bobbi Brown eyeshadow palette (read about that here). It really is every makeup lovers' dream, especially on the run up to summer and even throughout the spring! Trust me, it's well worth the money :)

***

I hope you enjoyed that! Let me know if you have a favourite complexion palette, or product in general, that you absolutely swear by and leave the name of it in the comments below - I'm always looking to give new bits and pieces a try. I will see you again really soon with a brand new blog post for you!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts