Beauty Buys | Where to Save & Where to Splurge


There are so many beauty products on the market that we spend wayyyyy too much money on, but it isn't always the case of 'you get what you pay for'. Although, having said that, you do get what you pay for when it comes to certain products in your beauty regime. Here are some of the items that I splurge on and others that I won't - simply because I don't see the point in spending copious amounts of cash on something which can deliver the same results as a cheaper alternative. It would be interesting to know what you like to save and splurge when it comes to beauty products, so let me know in the comments :)

Products you needn't splurge on

Shampoo - you'll often find that they all do the same job, so there's no real point in making expensive shampoo purchases, unless your hair is treated or dyed.


Moisturiser - whether this be for your face or body, you can get some excellent moisturisers for a very reasonable price. From Sanctuary to The Body Shop, you can pick up some excellent products, even if you have sensitive skin!


Foundation - much like the moisturiser, you can find some great moisturisers on the high-street. I have never been one to splurge on foundation, sticking mainly with Rimmel or L'Oreal alternatives. Unless you need an exact colour match or have particularly sensitive skin, there's really no need to splash the cash on high end foundations.


Lip Balm - lip care is very important for a lot of people, but you don't need to break the bank to find an effective, good quality lip balm. If you need some recommendations, then I did a whole blog post on the topic, which you can read here.


Bronzer (for contouring) - contouring is a laborious task, and when you find the right matte shade for you, then there's really no need to go and spend copious amounts of money on a super duper bronzer specifically to contour your face.

 

Products you should invest in 

Mascara - with mascara, I find that you really do get what you pay for. I don't ind spending a bit of extra money on a quality mascara. I love Lancome and YSL mascaras, if you need any more proof, have a read of the blog posts below!

Lipstick - much like the mascara, you get what you pay for when it comes to lipstick. Where I've had great experiences with high street lipsticks, I didn't realise how much different a higher end lipstick is in comparison to a drugstore one. YSL and Lancome (again) are my favourites in this department!


Conditioner - where money should be saved on shampoo, the conditioner you use can really make all the difference. I go for slightly more expensive ones, often opting for Tony and Guy as I think their hair products work wonders.


Eyeshadow - I'd expect eyeshadow to stay on the lids all day with little movement. I find cheaper ones transfer to the hoods of my eyes, whereas more expensive ones, such as Urban Decay or Bobbi Brown do not budge! Trust me, this is where you need to be investing the cash.


Blushers and highlighters - where these products need to last all day, I find high street products just don't cut it. I often use Dior as my go-to blusher and highlighter. A product you can read about here.


Perfume - when it comes to fragrances, you really do get what you pay for. Quality ingredients really do make for a concoction of flawless scents that last for hours on the skin. A cheaper alternative really isn't a patch on this one from Lancome.


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Let me know where you like to spend and where you like to save! I will see you again soon with a brand new blog post - have a good week :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. Love this post. I definitely splash out on lipsticks. I used to splash out on foundation but now I’m perfectly happy using Kiko Milano’s BB cream! I’ve never really invested in a good mascara. Will need to give that a go. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would argue that spending money on shampoo is worth it for some, but may not be for others. I have fine hair and find some cheeper shampoos are too heavy, or cause too much buildup on my scalp. I'll buy Rusk shampoo whenever I can for this reason.

    Totally agree with the mascara and lip stick though. The cheeper the product, the more quickly it flakes off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts